• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Gastric Bypass Journey -Onwards and Upwards-Well this is a start

mandy-1975

Hi Everyone

I am going to try and track everything on here........

Today is the 28 April and so far have got 17 days until I go in to hospital and have my Bypass.....

I am 32 andwill be 33 on 21 May, 6 days after op!!!!! I have been overweight for at least 25 years have to admit alot of it due to being abused by my brother for ten years and haveing a child as a result and unfortuantely my mother took my brothers side and my father walked out- couldn't handle his guilt!!!!!

but i have survived against all odds, and havent let them beat me, but unfortunatley i comfort eat...... and as some of you may know when you comfort eat you can eat........ I have tried every diet, fad going have doen Lighter Life and Cambridge unfortunelty failed at them all.... then last July was diagnosed with Diabeties due to being overweight... I went to my Gp and asked for the Bypass and here I am... waiting to go in.....

I have to say I am rather Nervous, feeling anxious but in many ways I am so excited about the new start and finally feel like this is my time..........:party0011:been along time coming but it is here........

Sorry if I ramble but I am new to writing and never know how to put it or type it.... somedays I may come on here and be miserable you have my permission to slap me out of it!!!!!!

I have started my Liver reducing diet today..... I had bran flakes for breakfast and then for dinner had two crispbreads with light phili on and watercress and water to drink and a light yougurt.....

So far i have drank 3 litres of water....... have to say it is 4.30 and I am starving but it will be worth it in the long run!

MUST STAY AWAY FROM FRIDGE TONIGHT - First night is always the worst

Hi Mandy,

Am really sorry to hear of the terrible abuse you have had to suffer at the hands of your own family but am gald you have survived through the bad times.

Good luck with the surgery, where in hampshire you based

I too am sorry to hear about your suffering, but wanted to wish you good luck for your operation! Let us know how it all goes xx

Hi Mandy,

Am really sorry to hear of the terrible abuse you have had to suffer at the hands of your own family but am gald you have survived through the bad times.

Good luck with the surgery, where in hampshire you based

Hi Gemma

I am based in Winchester...... thank you for your support.......... My abuse is in the past and life goes on,

Winchester, one of the better parts of this county, I am on Hayling Island. Looks like you will have to wait a while till you can celebrate properly for ya b'day

Lots of love and good vibes to you, Mandy!

You truly deserve some happiness, All the Best

Lisa xx

Cant edit do i have to repost

Here is what i would get ready besides your normal night wear.

When they ask you to put a gown on ask them for 2 one for the front and one for the back, they have no problem doing this as they will ask you to stand and walk and we would all like to not scare the other patients by flashing them our back sides.

FOR THE HOSPITAL
Definitely a vaporiser: Evian mineral water spray - to help combat dehydration the first 48 hours until you can drink.
Chap Stick . lips will get very dry in the night
wet wipes and hand cream.
a mp3 player of personal tape player . so you can block our the world when you cant sleep
a Jumper/shawl for keeping it soft around your neck, smells of home, is yours, keep it across your shoulders for added warmth and elegance
a bit of lipstick for perking you up. men aswell if you feel this way :p
a good hairbrush to freshen up every now and then
a menthol mouth spray for feeling of freshness and before visitors
a room fragrance (a few pumps after a longed for passing of wind which will happen)
Some change for the buying of tv cards if your hospital has them. But dont buy tv for blaocks of 3 or 5 days just do 1 day at a time as you will be moved about and its too much hassle getting your money put over to your new bed.

Winchester, one of the better parts of this county, I am on Hayling Island. Looks like you will have to wait a while till you can celebrate properly for ya b'day

Hi Gemma,

Yes it is lovely here in Winchester, havent managed to explore Hayling Island, we have lived her for 4 years now and love every minute of it, I love the New forest.........

This is my Bday Present to me!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your support

Cant edit do i have to repost

Here is what i would get ready besides your normal night wear.

When they ask you to put a gown on ask them for 2 one for the front and one for the back, they have no problem doing this as they will ask you to stand and walk and we would all like to not scare the other patients by flashing them our back sides.

FOR THE HOSPITAL
Definitely a vaporiser: Evian mineral water spray - to help combat dehydration the first 48 hours until you can drink.
Chap Stick . lips will get very dry in the night
wet wipes and hand cream.
a mp3 player of personal tape player . so you can block our the world when you cant sleep
a Jumper/shawl for keeping it soft around your neck, smells of home, is yours, keep it across your shoulders for added warmth and elegance
a bit of lipstick for perking you up. men aswell if you feel this way :p
a good hairbrush to freshen up every now and then
a menthol mouth spray for feeling of freshness and before visitors
a room fragrance (a few pumps after a longed for passing of wind which will happen)
Some change for the buying of tv cards if your hospital has them. But dont buy tv for blaocks of 3 or 5 days just do 1 day at a time as you will be moved about and its too much hassle getting your money put over to your new bed.

Hiya

Thak you for that, was making a list last night of things to make sure i put in the bag...... have packed most things already...... wear can i buy the Evian vaporiser from I havent seen them about..........

Thank you for your support

If you ever get the urge to come over to Hayling only do it when the sun is shining, it is the most beautiful place to live in the summer, but when its the cold months it is so depressing.

Hi

I know what you mean I used to live in North Wales on the coast and it was the same there lovely in the summer come winter was depressing and sad, miserable and cold!

Well not long to go now! sat here thinking about what it will be like being slim........ how i will be after the op...... and that i will do as i am told and not rush into gettign better one day at a time!

I kind of am willing the days to go quicker!!!! but I know that I will be so nervous and snappy a few days before and on the morning!!!

I have a little boy of 8 and at first I wasnt sure how to explain it to him, but I sat him down and talked to him, he isnt stupid and he was fine with it.... at the moment all I seem to watch is the programs on sky about bypass and he sits and watches them with us, and asks questions......

He is more interested in the fact that he is sleeping in my bed while I am in hospital!!!! Bless him

Back