• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Pre-op Diet for Banding

lovebug

Official Lap Bander !!
Hello!! :) my first pre-op day is nearly over (ish !) found the slimfast in Costco...but only strawberry flavour so got a few in the fridge and decided to go to Asda and get choc and banana too ...Yum !! weighed myself this morning and took some photo's just for the record ...its amazing i thought i looked alright in my pants and bra ha ha ...my mirror at home must tell lies cus i see Jordan staring back at me ha ha ha :) anyway had a nice swim and to be honest i have felt like something is missing today...i don't feel hungry just on and off but i have missed the sitting down to a meal ! Mind u less washing up !!

Had the most embarrasing moment today...came back from Swimming jumped on my bed and it BROKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha i lay there in shock :booboo: and then laughed !:giggle:...if there ever was an incentive to lose weight...that was it !!! It was a bit creaky but blimey i nearly passed out in shock ha ha .still makes me laugh out loud !!:rotflmao:

Anyway a nice first day on my Pre-op diet...something to remember i suppose !! feel really positive even tho tonight i have to sleep on the mattress on the floor!! my boyfriend isn't home yet ...haven't told him he he :whoopass:eek:ops ! I'm in troubbbbble!only kidding he'll be glad we can get rid of it now ...i hope !

First stop tomorrow is the Bed Shop down the road . Hope everyone is well and had a good day too . xx

yay well done on getting through day 1 Olivia! Slimfast should be a good pre-op one as no weighing or measuring and very portable.

14 days will fly be :)

well done on completing day one!!

not so well done on breaking that bed...i`v heard some excuses to go shopping but that takes the biscuit...oops sorry slimfast:D

oooooohhhh you made me laugh out loud!!! so glad i am not the only one out there who has had a bed breaking moment - I did a few years ago at a girlie friends house so not even my bed lol!!!

Glad day one of the pre-op diet has gone well, very soon the results will show on the scales and that will keep you going x

My boyfriend just got in....went to the bedroom to take his kit off and i'm giggling here in the front room he can't stop laughing at our Futon on the floor :rotflmao: its like a kids sleepover ! Phew glad he's seen the funny side !! Day 2 tomorrow ...will be dreaming of slim fast....zzzzzzzzz night night :nightf:xx

made me think though, won't it be nice when we don't worry about breaking someone's bed or (oh my god) patio chair etc? I've always wanted a framed bed instead of a divan, but last time we tried one I broke it, so been scared of them ever since! When I lose weight I won't panic when I see a chair I've never tried before!

Have fun bed shopping!

Hi Livvy

Good to hear day one went well....... made me laugh about the bed!!!!!!!!!!!! needed that after the day and night i have had!!!!!!

Enjoy buying a new bed!!!!!!

woohoo! :party0049: go you!

You're doing really well, this will be a breeze and at this rate you'll be super skinny before you even have the surgery!

Bed sounds wonderfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get lots of practice in(LOL)

Well done on day 2 and weightloss

Hope you are well not seen you online

Hello!! :) my first pre-op day is nearly over (ish !) found the slimfast in Costco...but only strawberry flavour so got a few in the fridge and decided to go to Asda and get choc and banana too ...Yum !! weighed myself this morning and took some photo's just for the record ...its amazing i thought i looked alright in my pants and bra ha ha ...my mirror at home must tell lies cus i see Jordan staring back at me ha ha ha :) anyway had a nice swim and to be honest i have felt like something is missing today...i don't feel hungry just on and off but i have missed the sitting down to a meal ! Mind u less washing up !!

Had the most embarrasing moment today...came back from Swimming jumped on my bed and it BROKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha i lay there in shock :booboo: and then laughed !:giggle:...if there ever was an incentive to lose weight...that was it !!! It was a bit creaky but blimey i nearly passed out in shock ha ha .still makes me laugh out loud !!:rotflmao:

Anyway a nice first day on my Pre-op diet...something to remember i suppose !! feel really positive even tho tonight i have to sleep on the mattress on the floor!! my boyfriend isn't home yet ...haven't told him he he :whoopass:eek:ops ! I'm in troubbbbble!only kidding he'll be glad we can get rid of it now ...i hope !

First stop tomorrow is the Bed Shop down the road . Hope everyone is well and had a good day too . xx

LOL that made me laugh so much xx

How are you finding the pre-op diet Livvy? Got the joys of mine to start on Monday and am expecting to feel pretty rough for a day or two so would be good to hear how you are feeling a few days in......

Hi Livvy, not spoken you in ages, how are you getting on?

Hi Allie and Shel :) I'm doing really well now . 8lbs lost and feeling great. I went out last night and was the first time in my life i went out and didnt eat or drink alcohol and it was ....unusual ha ha . I have found over the past few days that my feeling of constant hunger has subsided . I do get pangs of hunger but its not real hunger more of a feeling of " oh i can't eat anything " but its not bad ...it passes quickly and i just think of why i'm doing this and it is worth every pang i can assure u . I've kept myself busy and all is going really way. I've slept better , i haven't felt tired at all really and i feel really well mentally too :O) i felt the same as you wondering "oh gosh how will i get thru this " ....its not as hard as you think...in fact its something to be proud of, something to give you a good start to the banding/bypass and something that makes you feel great !!! Don't be afraid !! So alliecat whats your Pre-op diet ? I've done the Slimfast diet, 2 shakes a day and 1 Soup and 3 pieces of Fruit or Veg.. To lose 8lbs in 6 days ....Love it !! he he xxx

Thanks Livvy, glad to hear it is going well for you. I start tomorrow, fruit juice for breakfast, slimfast for lunch and a less than 3% fat ready meal for tea. Lots of water and black tea or coffee. Hmmm, can hardly wait!

Well done Liv, you're doing fantastically! You'll have lost atleast a stone before your op and your liver will be tiny!

:D

Hello all, thought i'd post back here . Just want to say :thankyou: to Everyone who has supported me. Only 2 more full days to go ! Got my Band op on Monday and have to be there at 4.30pm. The Highgate is such a nice hospital and my surgeon is a goodun !! I'm sooooooo looking forward to it. Still have the odd wobble but thats to be expected i suppose !

Pre-op diet still going very well. My Food craving has VANISHED !!! i can't even seem to get hungry for my slimfast !! Good sign ha ha . Will weigh myself Sunday to find out exactly how much i've lost but so far 11lbs Pre-op and 7lbs a week before i started. Feel really well and full of energy...I did have a few tired patches when i first started but once you get pass the first 5 days or so...maybe you will feel the same. Its like the lack of food and you start to use your own energy stores....plenty of that i have ha ha !

Will update over the weekend and before my op . But thankyou to everyone of you for your posts , advice and friendly support. I really couldn't have got thru without you. Just want to send an extra note to Clairelou best wishes now you've had your op....really pleased your doing so well. And good luck to Shel and Nic on there pre-op...not long to go eh ! and best wishes to Alliecat my fellowbandeeeeeee also to Alice and Newbie for there new support too and last but not least Maaaaaandy who is..... Well she knows what she is to me....:character00238:

Anyway always here for everyone and sorry i can never seem to answer everyone when they post , just been so busy with work...I've got the Miss England Comepetition to do in a few weeks so just been busy doing trials on there Makeup etc. Will show everyone what i've done once its finished ...it'll be in Hello Magazine an Ok etc ...exciting eh sooooo much to look forward too and i feel really chuffed with myself ...i'd pat myself on the back if my arms weren't so chubby ha ha !!:giggle:

But now off for a few weeks to get this op done and rest so will be on here alot more and chat :character00148:! Anyway off for a coffee and a Cigarette...(tut tut :smoke:) and a sit in the sun ( Lovely !) ...have a good day all ! Speak soon !:D xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Livvy,

I just wanted to say well done on the pre-op diet. I start mine tomorrow (milk/yoghurt) and I am really nervous about it as I am someone who grazes all day long! So your post really encouraged and inspired me.

It's funny for me that you are going to the Highgate. I grew up just down the road from there in Muswell Hill. I spent 20 years of my life in that neck of the woods! Where do you live?

Take care and enjoy your last weekend of large stomach capacity!! I plan on a takeaway and a bottle of champagne to mark my last meal before the pre op diet starts tomorrow!

Alice xx

Lovely post Livvy, can't believe its on Monday, it's come round soooo quickly! Am really excited for you, you're such a lovely person and you deserve to be truly happy :)

Don't forget if the wobbles do set in over the weekend or on Monday to use the support network you've built even if it's just to take your mind off things.

Back