• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Goal & different way of looking at it.

Bellydancer57

I've set myself a new goal. I've got 8 lbs to go to until I reach it - 100lbs weight loss.
When you look at it 100 lbs is the weight of a small women. I've been carrying that around for ages. What a relief to my poor old back that it's almost gone.
I am not setting any timescales for this as I know I will achieve it eventually if I keep doing what I am doing.
Anyone else set any new goals lately.
BTW wish Rooney would set one now!

Adding another - just 0.4 to go on BMI & I will be very obese not mobidly obese anymore. I'll take that too!

My two at the moment are to hit the 22s and to fit into size 28 anythings and last but not least to hit a BMI of 40. Either that or wake up one morning thin. Either would make me happy!

Amazing news bellydancer - nearly 100lbs!! I have less than 100 to go to hit goal now which made me feel a bit better this morning!! :) x

We will achieve it I am convinced. Funny though I'm not nearly as obsessed as I have been in the past about achieving targets/goals. Really different feeling - think it's because I actually truly believe I will. May take some time but I will.

You won't. Even if you do it won't be forever. You will start weight loss again.

Bellydancer57 said:
We will achieve it I am convinced. Funny though I'm not nearly as obsessed as I have been in the past about achieving targets/goals. Really different feeling - think it's because I actually truly believe I will. May take some time but I will.

Have to agree, have STS for the past three weeks, usually at this point I would have given up and resumed eating for England, I'll admit there is now a physical barrier to my doing this, but there also seems to be a mental one too, and I don't feel I want to

Weird isn't? I can't explain it to my family & friends but other post Oppers will understand. Feels like something has been switched on in my brain (actually has been switched off) that tells me I am not bothered about food & I am not on a diet. This is the way I am now & I just love it.

Honestly I think it's because we're not on a diet. We can eat anything our bodies will tolerate and so the need to eat is diminished. Also knowing how far you've come helps. Something someone said to me really stuck. When you start the day tired it's hard to feel good. Post op I have just had so much energy. So I think its more that my moods are much better then before.

Yes I agree. Also because I'm relatively pain free now that makes a big difference.

Yes exactly same here. And it's easier to get up and do something if your bored as well

Mmmmm yes indeed. Actually I'm rarely bored to be honest as I have so many interests. But you are right I am more inclined to be very spontaneous nowadays as I don't have to do so much planning on how am I going to get there, can I park near enough, will I be able to sit down if I need too etc etc

I have 22lbs to go to hit 100lbs lost :) every1 is doing so well x

Aren't we just. Thx guys for cheering me up today. X

I've got 16lbs to go until I've lost 100lbs. It's a bit of a mental milestone for me too though I am being a bit careful as I have a tendency STILL to "reward" myself with food. It's so stupid and I really should have learned by now that it really is no reward at all.

You will get there. Reward yourself with healthy options or dare I say some lovely new clothes. I've become a shopaholic nowadays LOL

Back