• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new member to wls

jmj196500

I am a new member to wls and am in the process of having my second referal done .on 19/02/2013 i attended a pre op meeting at the lee valley millenium centre liverpool.this was my first meeting and was made to feel very welcome.Icame away from the meeting with a lot of information about my hopefully future operation.so many thanks to all the people who made me feel welcome.but does anyone know of any nearer meetings to me as i live in crewe and travelled 46 miles to get there any info would be much appreciate.
many thanks julie

Hi Julie and welcome to the site. I cannot answer your question but hopefully someone who can will be along shortly :)

Welcome :)

Hi I'm knew to this site. If anyone can give me any info I would be extremely grateful. My teenage daughter has just received her letter to see the bariatric team/psychologist/dietician at Kings College Hospital in London in just under 3 weeks time. She will be staying in overnight for a sleep study prior to seeing the team. I would be grateful for any info that I could pass onto my daughter so that she has some sort of insight (and me) as to what to expect re tests etc. They did tell me that she would have a cannula inserted to take bloods from, but is their anything more that I can prepare her for. I know that some of you are probably thinking why on earth am I allowing my daughter to even think about this type of surgery, but she is insulin resistant and probably has been since birth and gone unnoticed. Thanking you in advance Hope I have posted in the right place lol

I am a new member to wls and am in the process of having my second referal done .on 19/02/2013 i attended a pre op meeting at the lee valley millenium centre liverpool.this was my first meeting and was made to feel very welcome.Icame away from the meeting with a lot of information about my hopefully future operation.so many thanks to all the people who made me feel welcome.but does anyone know of any nearer meetings to me as i live in crewe and travelled 46 miles to get there any info would be much appreciate.
many thanks julie

Hi Julie and welcome,I know they have meetings at chester, which is closer to Crewe,if you need anymore info address etc and meeting dates I will be able to find out for you.Good luck with referral.

thanks for replying if you could find out if possible where meetings are in chester would be great save me travelling to liverpool.referal day tomorrow keep fingers crossed.

thanks for replying if you could find out if possible where meetings are in chester would be great save me travelling to liverpool.referal day tomorrow keep fingers crossed.

Hi Julie,chester meet is at The Grosvenor hospital (Nuffield Hospital),Wrexham road,Chester,next meeting is 5th march.then 1st Tuesday of the month there after,starts at 6.30 for pre op members.Hope that helps.x

Back