• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New stomach pouch and medications

everpositive

Hi.

I've pretty much had answered most of the questions I have in relation to my bypass due in Jan. How do people find they cope post bypass with tablets/pills such as painkillers, antibiotics, anti depressants. Are they still absorbed into your system and do they still have an effect?

Thanks.:confused:

Hi Claire and welcome to minis. i didn't start my tablet meds until 2 weeks after. the majority were in soluble form up until then. i struggled with some of them as they are massive (did't even know if i was putting them in the right orifice LOL). it has got easier but there are so many to take in a day that i try to spread them out! good luck x

I am almost 3 weeks post-op and have only recently started taking my tablets in regular form. I haven't had problems swallowing them but I am more sensitive to pain meds. Before surgery I needed to double most pain med doses but now the regular amount works fine. I also now itch every time I take codeine which is new. With my surgeon prescribed vits & supplements added to my other meds, I use a 4 times a day schedule that prevents problems.

Hope that helps.

Hiya, when swallowing some of the bigger vit tablets I did bite them in half to make swallowing easier but after a few weeks I was fine swallowing the "horse size" ones!
Like phat girl I have noticed a change when taking pain meds, if I take a codine based tablet, Im as high as a kite for hours afterwards. Would chat to your surgeon if you are on stronger pain meds about the effects on you afterwards.

Hi,

Since the op I now react to penecillin. I'm fine with paracetemol, not tried anything else.

Shel

Thanks for your responses everyone!!
xx

Back