• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie awaiting gastric bypass surgery

tubbyspud

HI All

im new to all this, i went to see Mr Shaw Somers in August 2008 and i have been booked in a gastric bypass surgery, 4-6 months waiting list which it is over that time now (so i hope it happens real soon) im starting to feel really apprehensive. Although excited about starting a new life and being able to like myself again!! It's been a long time coming.

Is anyone else at the same stage as i am and feeling the same at the moment?
Just waiting for that phone to ring to give me a date for the pre op assessments (can anyone tell me what they do at that??)
I look forward to hearing from you soon, just ready some of your blogs on here i know i've made the right descision with going for bypass surgery you all look great.
Vics x

Hi Vics and welcome to minis. Once you get your date it will all happen so quickly mine is a blurr....good luck and I hope you hear soon....you have a very good surgeon and he is cute as well...xx

hey vics, it will soon come round - the pre ops are basically blood tests, lung function test and a general talk through of you current medical history/problems. Some people see ther anaesthetist at the same time but most hospitals ahve them seperately so that your bloods are back in time to see them. Once these are out the way your date normally falls real soon. I have my pre op with the anaesthetist tomorrow and understand about the waiting its a real killer. Hope you get your phone call soon.

xXx

Hi Vics and everyone, I am also waiting for confirmation of my pre op assessment date too saw Mr Sufi and whittington today and he says i will have Bypass op in april argghhhhh exciting and nervous and hey Vic this is our last fat summer!!!!yeiiii. not sure when my pre assessment appointment is yet but he wants me top start liver shrinking now so he said no carbs 2 small protein per day low fat veggies some fruit and sugar free low fat yoghurt so just brought load of veg and will make some soup up later....well finally starting my journey and its had been so inspirational reading all your blogs and threads, just to think it was last July when i went to see my doctor and here i am almost there, cant wait to feel healthier again.....trying not to think about the operation risks....i guess the risks are more if i do nothing so here goes........;-)

Hi Vics,

welcome to mini's. Love the username!

Im in a different area to you so the procedure a little different. Just wanted to wish you well with your surgery xx

hi thanks for the good wishes, oh the wait is awful but so worth while just want it now!!! lol.. all the stories are so insperational. The username well apparently when i was born i looked like a shrivelled up potato so from there on my fathers nickname for me was Spud lol.. i rang the secretary about a month ago and she said it would probably be March but i think it's gonna be around April now as i have to do the liver reducing diet.

hiya vics welcome to mini's and good luck on your upcoming bypass

yes i had keyhole and am thankful i did as it meant healing was so much faster. i have very little pain from the bypass op but did develope complications, one of the 30% that develope gallbladder conditions.

am coping ok, the pains all gone just left me feeling like i need to chuck up after most meals, and sometimes even on liquids....

Back