• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie, from Exeter searching for advice!

hi all, i'm Annika, 29 from Exeter. mum of 5, sahm whilst my other half is a full time worker. i have since last year lost 6st and in 3 weeks am undergoing surgery for an umbilical hernia repair. on monday i'm gonna try sweet talking my surgeon into removing some excess tummy skin too. chances? slim? possibly. at all possible? i don't know, but i'm gonna try. failing this i will find a way to have this overhang removed. looking to hear from others who have had excess skin removal in the tummy area and am keen to find out more.

look forward to speaking with you all.x

Hi

Well done on your weight loss! I would say your chances are slim but its got to be worth a try - good luck x

I think if you tell the Dr that after working so hard to lose the weight, you are quite depressed and how it's effecting your self esteem... Etc etc they may think about it but NHS budgets are a bit of a mystery to me!

They told me that to qualify for a gastric band on the NHS I would need to effectively put on 3-4 stone!

I hope they will help you cos losing that much weight is an excellent achievement.

Well done...xx

Thanks for the replies. I've looked up what my pct can do and it seems to be naff all. Unless i am an exceptional case. Now i have no idea what i would need to be to be exceptional, but i caught a glimpse of meself getting in the bath earlier and just broke down. I'm not holding out any hope right now, but i doubt i'm gonna hold it together on monday at my pre op. The closer to surgery i am the more fragile i feel and knowing i lost all this weight and look like i stood in front a fire and melted is really really upsetting. I knew i'd never have a washboard stomach, but i never dreamed i would look rhis awful. The rest of me i can deal with, slightly saggy arms, same for inner thighs but that's no issue. I don't undress if my partner can see me, i don't swim, i run but i have a support tubi grip thing to keep the skin in place as it once fell out and having little feeling there i didn't notice till i heard 'yuck did u see her gut?!' :( it's no biggie to most but it's a major problem for me.

Thankyou :)

Just got back from my pre op, they can't remove the skin right now, as it's not what is down to be done. But. Because i have had 5 c sections, and 2 umbilical hernia repairs, and lost 6 stone the foctor said she'd have no probs in suggesting a mini tuck to lose this extra skin. I may lose my belly button during this surgery, so may be up for a reconstructed one at a later date. U have to be exceptional to get one here and she said to go to my gp within the next 6 months, and go from there. So it is at least possible :)))

Back