• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie - Has any one had their ops done by Mr Khan at Walsall Manor

tesmaralda

:DHi everyone I have just joined but have been reading your posts with interest I had my first consult with Mr Khans team at the end of Oct, have been approved by them for surgery, just need funding from PCT they have told me there shouldnt be a problem ????? and the waiting list times are about 51/2 months. I just wondered if anyone else has had their ops at walsall Manor on the NHS and if so how have they found it? I would also love to hear from anyone who has been told the same sort of time scales looking at March/April time for Gastric Bypass?
Look forward to hearing soon:D:D:D:D

Hiya!
Welcome to mini's :)
Gongratulations on getting approved for surgey!! Good luck in getting the funding, i hope you don't have to to wait long to hear. I think brunetteandred is going to that hosp, i am sure she will be along soon.
Anyway, chat again soon ;)
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hi and welcome to minis, cant help with the hospital but I am sure someone will have experience of it just wanted to welcome you..xx

I think brunetteandred is going to that hosp, i am sure she will be along soon.

Ta-daa! And as if by magic, up she pops! :D

Hi Tes,

I am indeed 'under' (ooer!) Mr. Khan. I had my first appointment and saw Ana the Nurse and Dr. H on 6th Nov. My next appointment is on 26th March to see the psychiatrist.

My experience so far has been very positive; the team are very helpful and are happy to take phone calls. They can't always respond straightway as they are on ward rounds, but they do get back.

I was told 4 -5 months, so I'm probably looking at March- April 2009!

I think 'wannaloose18stone' had his op at Walsall Manor.

Which PCT are you under Tes?

hi folks thanks for the welcome I am under north birmingham PCT I havent been told I need to see the psychiatrist? thats all i need everyone says Im mental so i might just get that confirmation lol. Dr H said that I should have my pre op before christmas, and that funding shouldnt be a problem as I had got this far? and I also have arthritus starting in my back, and having problems with my knees locking and clicking and all sorts. I look forward to getting to know you all better and speak to you all soon.

Haha! I am also Birmingham East & North PCT! Whereabouts in Brum are you? 'deebol' is also a Brummie and we are looking to have a Brum meet in Feb (that's if 'Shelbel' can squeeze us into her hectic social diary...lol! ;))

There is a multidisciplinary team at Walsall Manor; that is to say the nurse, surgeon, dietician & psychologhist look after the patients, pre-, during (of course!), post-op and aftercare. The psyche is to ensure our heads are into why we are resorting to WLS and what happens after. I think!

Dang it! I'm going to ring Ana tomorrow and ask some questions.

Last edited:
I am in kingstanding I di dread in my research somewhere that I had to to see a pysche, but havent had my appointment come through whereabouts are you? I just trying o get my head round it all and keep thinking that its all going to go pear shaped and I don't get the op, i was convinced at my last appt that they were going to turn me down. I know that sounds negative but things never go to plan or are straight forward where I am concerned. Its killing me to wait for a date don't know whether to ring tomorrow and see how things are progressing?

Hi Terri, welcome to mini's :) It's great that the two of you are going through the system at the same time!

Hiya :wavey:
I know what you mean about meet up with someone, it will be good to have a good chat about it- esp it you are both going to the same place, same doc etc ;)
I am hoping to come to the meet up in brum in feb- it will be good to meet up with everyone on here that i have been messaging and chat about our experiences.
I think i am lucky to have found this website before my op, i think everyone rocks- it is a very supportive site :)
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Yeehaw to that! It's a busy time of year just now, but I think this forum is just what is needed to for support, networking, friendship etc. for us. I found it when I was doing LL and have only just come back to find WLS!

WLS forum deffo rocks :D

I think we were looking at a revised date of 21st Feb for Brum meet.

Yay!! As long as its a saturday any date is fine with me!! I should have lost some weight by then too :D:D:D

Back