• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie hello all

Pugsley

Hi I'm a fattie have been for 44 years yo yoing up n up more up than down have tried everything
Weight watchers slimming world diets gyms execrcise but keeps coming back with a vengeance
Now diabetic type 2 sore knees
Im thinking of wls as its so hard to carry on like this feeling uncomfortable and unhealthy I'm
Considering gastric plication wrap have researched but can't find what happens to the stomach long term anywhere
Any info anyone would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Hi Pugsley
Welcome to the forum. I am in the same boat, interested in the wrap but can't find a lot of long term info.

Hi, I'm due a bypass but as far as I know there isn't alot io long term info as its quite a new procedure. There are a good few wrappers here so hopefully one of them can point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hiya, welcome to the forum :) I had a sleeve on 24th May, if you have any questions give us a shout. There are a fair few people on here who've had the surgery you are researching - hopefully they'll pop up soon :) Good luck :)

Hi, and welcome x

Hi and welcome!
I'm afraid I can't help on the wrap front as I have a band but am revising to a sleeve in August and the surgeon doing that does quite a few wraps.
Jo x

Thankyou al for your warm welcomes and hellos thanks Shaba for the PDF link I've read it was very informative
Still a new procedure so looks like no
Long term answers in uk will try find out more info before deciding cheers

Hi Pugsley
Welcome sorry i cant help as i`m considering having a band

karen x

Wrap is considered an experimental procedure here in Italy too so we do not have long term data either.
I gather that real long term data are only available for bypass and diversions 'cause even sleeve is quite a new procedure (about 5 years old).

Back