• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie...Help!!!

Jude44

Hi folks!
Seeing Mr Pellen at Spire Hull next week re: Gastric Bypass. Aiming to have the surgery mid-March.
Are there any support groups I can attend before my op? Louth, Horncastle, Boston, Skegness would be ideal. I know there used to be meetings at Louth Hospital (Thoresby Ward). Are they still running?
Any replies gratefully received!

The only one I know of is OWLSS that meet either at the spires in hull, or in Scunthorpe once a month. Don't know of any other than that I am afraid.

As Hannah says, OWLS meets once a month in the Spire canteen in Hull. You'll be able to find out at your appointment with Mr Pellen. I went once and decided is wasn't for me but not everyone is the same and you may get great support from it.

There is an OWLSS facebook group that is active and a website which is not so active! So the Facebook group might be of use to you.

Thanks for your help, guys...much appreciated!

The main thing I'm looking for with support groups/ forums at this stage is an idea of post-op daily diet once I'm back on solids. There seems to be lots of info on the liquid, pureed & mashed stages, but I want to know what people eat 6 months down the line.

Will the Spire Dietician cover all this in depth, or just give me rough ideas/sample day menu?

Cheers xxx

Back