• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bling Babe

Hi, total newbie. Came across this site looking for some info and after reading some of your stories, encouraging messages to one another and helpful advice, decided to give it try myself. A lot of the posts I’ve read have been from years ago so this feels like a bit of a long shot lol. But hoping to get some response.

So long story short, I’m 28 and live in Scotland. I had my first child whilst very young, 17. I was already extremely overweight. At my heaviest, 18stone. I lost 6 stone in 6 months and felt a lot happier and healthier, although the damage had already been done. I was a bit of a mess. Fast forward 10 years later and one more child later (shes 2), I’m the lightest I’ve ever been in my adult life. 10 stone and almost at my personal target! Although my midsection is now way more than just a bit of a mess.

Last year, the day after my sons 10th birthday, I told my partner I was popping out to the shop but went to a GP appointment I’d make but not told anyone about. I felt okay when I went in, emotionally stable lol but as soon as I described my problem to her I broke down, I’d never said the things out loud to anyone before, so I suppose finally admitting I was so unhappy with this was overwhelming.

She had a look and said I’d it was possible (she’s need to do some research) she’s be happy to refer me for surgery. This was August 2018.

In November 2018 attended a psychology appointment. She agreed to refer me to a plastic surgeon and thought I’d definitely emotionally as well as physically benefit from surgery.

Now March 2019.. Last week I saw a plastic surgeon for consultation. It was very overwhelming. “Is there anything you want to ask” my god if I could go back now and ask! Lol I’ve so many questions I should have asked but my head was buzzing with details of the op ect that I didn’t ask much. He said they could do my surgery and asked if I’d like to “book” in. He filled out which I’m presuming was a “booking form” of some sort. Then off I went home with a print out of the most likely operation I’d be having.

And that’s it... I’ve no idea what happens next lol. I know of 1 person who has had this surgery. She waited 6 years. So I’m hoping someone, anyone can give me some sort of idea what happens next and maybe even an indication of when something might happen. I’ve tried phoning but to be honest, as soon as they find out why I phoning I get the impression they don’t want to help. I don’t want this surgery so I can strut down some beach in a bikini, I want this surgery so I can be comfortable in my skin for the first time in my adult life, to be able to wear a T-shirt and jeans without looking like I’m being cut in half with everything tucked in. I’d love to just pick an outfit from my wardrobe without thinking “nah that’s not going to be long enough to cover my big belly cameltoe” lol. I’m going on a bit now, sorry!

My surgery will be performed at nine wells hospital in Dundee under NHS tayside.

Any info will be so welcomed!

Thank you for reading!

M x
Hiya welcome, I cannot offer any answers as skin surgery is still a dream for me but I wanted to wish you luck, well done on being awarded your surgery on the nhs xxx

Sarnie

Hi, total newbie. Came across this site looking for some info and after reading some of your stories, encouraging messages to one another and helpful advice, decided to give it try myself. A lot of the posts I’ve read have been from years ago so this feels like a bit of a long shot lol. But hoping to get some response.

So long story short, I’m 28 and live in Scotland. I had my first child whilst very young, 17. I was already extremely overweight. At my heaviest, 18stone. I lost 6 stone in 6 months and felt a lot happier and healthier, although the damage had already been done. I was a bit of a mess. Fast forward 10 years later and one more child later (shes 2), I’m the lightest I’ve ever been in my adult life. 10 stone and almost at my personal target! Although my midsection is now way more than just a bit of a mess.

Last year, the day after my sons 10th birthday, I told my partner I was popping out to the shop but went to a GP appointment I’d make but not told anyone about. I felt okay when I went in, emotionally stable lol but as soon as I described my problem to her I broke down, I’d never said the things out loud to anyone before, so I suppose finally admitting I was so unhappy with this was overwhelming.

She had a look and said I’d it was possible (she’s need to do some research) she’s be happy to refer me for surgery. This was August 2018.

In November 2018 attended a psychology appointment. She agreed to refer me to a plastic surgeon and thought I’d definitely emotionally as well as physically benefit from surgery.

Now March 2019.. Last week I saw a plastic surgeon for consultation. It was very overwhelming. “Is there anything you want to ask” my god if I could go back now and ask! Lol I’ve so many questions I should have asked but my head was buzzing with details of the op ect that I didn’t ask much. He said they could do my surgery and asked if I’d like to “book” in. He filled out which I’m presuming was a “booking form” of some sort. Then off I went home with a print out of the most likely operation I’d be having.

And that’s it... I’ve no idea what happens next lol. I know of 1 person who has had this surgery. She waited 6 years. So I’m hoping someone, anyone can give me some sort of idea what happens next and maybe even an indication of when something might happen. I’ve tried phoning but to be honest, as soon as they find out why I phoning I get the impression they don’t want to help. I don’t want this surgery so I can strut down some beach in a bikini, I want this surgery so I can be comfortable in my skin for the first time in my adult life, to be able to wear a T-shirt and jeans without looking like I’m being cut in half with everything tucked in. I’d love to just pick an outfit from my wardrobe without thinking “nah that’s not going to be long enough to cover my big belly cameltoe” lol. I’m going on a bit now, sorry!

My surgery will be performed at nine wells hospital in Dundee under NHS tayside.

Any info will be so welcomed!

Thank you for reading!

M x
Hi and welcome, I'm still pre op and not had skin surgery, but I feel you should persist with a phoning back the surgeon and his team who you spoke to and explain you was overwhelmed at the time and you have questions that need answering, surely they are there to help you. I could phone my team any time, they have been so helpful, you might not get someone to talk to there and then, but they should call you back or tell you when is best to call. Really only they can answer your questions, because every hospital and even surgeon does things differently. Good luck, keep us posted on how your getting on x

Parsnip

How exciting. Hope you hear something soon x

Parsnip

Received a letter from the hospital today the letter says I will have a date for surgery before the 8th of July . I’m soooo happy, looks like I’ll be having the surgery this year for sure! X

Fabulous news xx

Bling Babe

Such great news x

Sarnie

Received a letter from the hospital today the letter says I will have a date for surgery before the 8th of July . I’m soooo happy, looks like I’ll be having the surgery this year for sure! X
Brilliant x

Bling Babe

Slightly overwhelmed pre op assessment went well, height weight, bloods, and questions done. In and out in half an hour. The nurse was lovely and had obviously read into my notes and seemed really interested in me and my “story” so to speak. I mentioned feeling so lucky to be sitting having me pre op, never did I think I’d be where I am today with all this, it seems to have went quite smoothly, too smoothly almost. My only complaint, if you could call it that, would be that the information or lack of it that I’ve been given throughout all this, at no point was I told the funding was through, or that I’d definitely be having the surgery. The letter I received last month was the first real definitive sign. The nurse asked me if I’d stopped taking my contraceptive pill yet, (id been informed this would have to be stopped 4 weeks prior to surgery due to the type I’m on, it can increase the chances of developing a blood clot). I told her I hadn’t taken one on a couple of days, purely due to forgetting really ‍♀️. She says it’s best to stop it now anyway, which means I could get a letter at any point now with a date for surgery! I’m now so nervous. I was quite surprised at how anxious and nervous I felt at that appointment, the blood test was the reason for this. I’ve never been good with them but it’s made me frightened that I’ll get too nervous as the day of surgery approaches and I’ll want to back out! Obviously thats not what I want to do, I haven’t came this far to back out because I’m panicking with nerves. Friend suggested a trip to the doctors to perhaps ask for a little something to take the morning I leave for the surgery to calm me down so I think that’s what I’ll do. Was also told the op would take 1.5 hours. So overall, a good good day, so excited but so so nervous .
That’s all very positive and great news, you could ask for some “Emla” cream to numb the cannulation site on the day too xxx