• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not forum-related....External hard drives?

Lesly Cambridge

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Would appreciate any comments from non-technically-challenged readers...!

I had a catastrophic failure of my PC's harddrive, and - ostrich that I am - I hadn't backed it up. (I intended to, but simply didn't understand what I needed to do, and who thought a 15-month old machine would just die....on a bank holiday, just before my tax return was due.....hah!)

So - finally, bought an external HDD - on the spur of the moment, from a QVC special...... I opened the box yesterday, and just wondered what people's opinions of Buffalo are? I hear of Western Digital and Seagate, but nobody seems to mention Buffalo, good or bad....

Any thoughts, before my 30-day money-back guarantee runs out?

Thanks in advance, oh clever ones!

Hiya Buffalo are absolutely fine m8, ok they may not be the best in the world but certainly more than acceptable as a backup device.

if you are running Windows Vista then set it to automatically backup and then that way it is worry free computing.

Mike (IT Manager in my spare time ;-) )

Thanks, Mike. I'm still using XP SP2; going to wait until Vista's hiccups are sorted before even thinking of changing.

All I need now is a few hours to install the blessed thing....watch this space for yells for help!

Thanks, again.

L

Back