• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/t plz tell me i aint the only one who feels its wrong

BlueDiamond

I am watching the programme where a 72 yr old woman is trying to get IVF for a baby.:sigh:

Even watching a 66yr old boobie feeding her kid feels perverted. I feel this is wrong, I hope I aint the only one who feels this way.

All the best - MeJulie x

yup its way to old julie i agree with you ! when my mum had me in the 70's she was 45 and that was classed as old back then im 35 and shes now 80, im lucky my mum is still here now im an adult but there children wont have that pleasure.

liz xxx

I think it's a shame for the kids who are bound to be orphaned young:(

I agree. Having a child when in yr 70's is obscenely selfish. I understand that some women are desperate to have kids but once you reach a certain age, and particularly once menopause has happened, it is not natural in any way, shape or form and you have to give it up.

There are plenty of kids who would benefit from having an old lady in their lives as a kind of surrogate Gran. I would doubt this person's suitability for even this as she's such a selfish person.

Grrr. It makes me pretty angry.

I agree with you all. Its not normal and its certainly not fair for the poor children. I had my children to love, care for, protect them and watch them grow up into the great kids that they are. How can you want to have them at this age knowing that you're not going to be around for much longer to protect them. Are they so selfish that they don,t have the worry of who's going to do this when they're gone. Peeps may not agree with me but why should the money be wasted on IVF for these old ladies when there are so many young women wanting to have a family.

Yea i also saw the documentary today and i agree with you. thay should atleast think about what will happen to the babies when they die.

I agree its selfish and irresponsible. As someone who has been refused IVF as Im "too fat" it makes my blood boil. (I'm 35)

I am watching the programme where a 72 yr old woman is trying to get IVF for a baby.:sigh:

Even watching a 66yr old boobie feeding her kid feels perverted. I feel this is wrong, I hope I aint the only one who feels this way.

All the best - MeJulie x
I'm completely with you Jul - children deserve to have the best parent they can have and that is one (hopefully two) who are very committed to their child, with love, patience, understanding and plenty of time and energy. Nature gave females a cut off point so we would not have babies until we were in our old age. So i think scientists should be concentrating on ensuring babies are healthy and not going to women more than old enough to be their grandmother!!!!

I agree with everyone here. I was practically shouting at my TV last night. It's selfish and irresponsible to put your wants and desires above the wellbeing of a child. Of course everyone dies at some point, and there's always a risk of a younger parent getting a horrible disease, dying and leaving their young children orphaned. But the chances of that happening are slim, and significantly increased when you are as old as those women were. Not to mention, if a younger person dies and leaves their children behind, there's a good chance they will have family - brothers, sisters, parents, aunts, uncles, etc - who could take the child in rather than letting the child go into care. Who do these old ladies have? No one. Their parents are dead, their siblings are about as old as they are, and none of them seem to have any other children. It's SELFISH and IRRESPONSIBLE and WRONG.

Grr, this whole subject annoys me. I could rant about it for days.

I didn't see the programme but I did see the 72 year old woman on breakfast tv. I have to say I do think it's wrong. I don't understand why these women are wasting their money...........surely someone close to them should just sit them down and be honest with them? I had IVF treatment when I was in my early 40's having been married for 18 years at that time. We paid for our treatment. In the end after several attempts the treatment was unsucessful so we decided to stop. I'm of the opinion that someone somewhere was trying to tell me something!!

obviously i'm a bloke (of sorts!!) but i thought that's why women had the menopause, basically nature's way of saying that's it, i appreciate some women have early onset menopause or other 'women's' problems, but this is where IVF should be the safety net, and at retirement age it should be just that....time to kick back and chill, but this is where ''private IVF hospitals or clinics'' are immoral, they'll take your money no matter what , and that goes for other surgeries too :sigh:

Back