• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

o/t? PMT help-tried and tested anyone?

Neen

WLS Moderator
Hi ,
I just wondered if any of the ladies on here know of an effective supplement or treatment for crazy PMT? Mine always hits hard and makes it near impossible to keep control for a week then of course makes it harder to fall back into my plan properly.
Does anyone have anything they have actually taken themselves that really does make a difference?
It's one thing that really is slowing my progress down now.
Any help would be fantastic
Cheers xxxxx

I was put on hrt worked wonders for me,at 24 with post natal depression.came off them and went back on for pmt,on them for a good while came off again.then when the change started went back on them.Had a hysterectomy and still take a daily low dose to stop osteoporosis.Would of murdered someone along the way only for it.Have regular mammogram checks cos of extra risk of breast cancer but they are always fine touch wood!Have you tried Bachs rescue remedies from health shops?

i suffer very badly with it too nothing homeopathic worked for me but vit b6 and evening primrose oil can work for some like big n bouncy i was put on hrt for it and it works like nothing else i dont take it at mo as trying to get preggers so everyone has to suffer lol but if your real bad see your gp iv swung from homicidal to suicidal in the space of a few hours when was sat with a razor in my hand and an overwhelming urge to use it i knew i needed help as im not in the slitest wanting to die! but unless u suffer like it people just dont understand how bad it can be but i was lucky to have a very clued up dr xx

That's awful that you suffered so badly with it Serenity. I also get ridiculously heavy periods most times as well that basically just adds to not wanting to go out. I will put the vit b6 and Evening Primrose on my list as well. I haven't seen my doctor for years after he and the others at the practice were really unhelpful regarding my weight. Now we've moved house I might see if I can go to a different GP as well.
Thank you so much for replying and good luck with the baby making ;) x

Hi Neen

I take mefenamic acid as pain relief but it also helps with reducing heavy periods. Evening primrose oil is very good too - damn hormones eh! x x

Mazza: Thanks lovey ! Yeah I am sure if not for PMT throwing me off I would be a damn sight nearer goal than I am now. Once I am on plan I usually do well and don't get tempted to waver , soon as the hormones kick in I am all over the place and on auto matic self destruct.

Blue Diamond: Thank you very much hun, I will be trying whatever I can to sort this out so any suggestions are more than welcome x

That's awful that you suffered so badly with it Serenity. I also get ridiculously heavy periods most times as well that basically just adds to not wanting to go out. I will put the vit b6 and Evening Primrose on my list as well. I haven't seen my doctor for years after he and the others at the practice were really unhelpful regarding my weight. Now we've moved house I might see if I can go to a different GP as well.
Thank you so much for replying and good luck with the baby making ;) x

as mazz said try mefinamic acid for heavy periods mine are same and tanmeric[sp] acid for clotting both are worth it get yourself to dr you should have to live like it hun xxx

Hiya, 2 simple steps to dealing with PMT

1) Buy a whole load of old plates from charity shop
2) Smash said plates with hammer until they are dust.

Seriously though I get bad PMT and periods too. I just don't bother doing anything about them now as I have been informed by Gynaecologist that it is due to my "age and weight". Nothing really worked anyway - Vit B6 was the best - simply because it turns yr wee flourescent yellow.
Hope you do find something that works x

You have every sympathy from me. I suffered for years. Had 9 month long periods!!! Could not even stand up at work without clots running down my legs. It was awful. the I would stop for 3 months and then start for another 9 month non stop marathon.
Marina Coil did it for me initially. Stopped them dead in their tracks until about 18 monhs later and body rejected it twice over. Last year had to have all my womb lining removed (pre cancerous) and now don't have any at all. So yes, every bloody (pardon the pun) sympathy. Hope you get something sorted. xxxxxx

For years I have dreaded that dark foggyness decending once a month, I have recently changed my diet on the advice of an accupunturist (I was being treated for something different) and hey presto last month came & went without anything my period took me by surprise because I always get such a build up. Not sure if diet or the needles but something has worked where nothing has ever worked. I have stopped dairy, garlic, onions, ginger and bananas strange but true.

Good luck xx
Bunnyx

I read somewhere that Agnus Cactus is meant to be good. I was fortunate enough to be referred to a PMS clinic 12 years ago as I was pretty much at the end of my rope with my symptoms. Long story short - anti depressants - not the way forward for everyone but they worked for me. Now I have the Deppo Injection every 12 weeks and no periods and no PMS. Good luck - its rotten.

Ive not had any HRT for it although I guess the merina coil which is a localised progesterone coil is what I use.

It stops monthly bleeding unlike other coils, it stops the agonising pains and it has stabalised the mood swings drastically, dont get me wrong, I am still a tad 'angsty' at totm but I nip rather than bite now ;)

It only needs replacing once every 5 years. I've had one for 7 yrs.

It is primarily a contraceptive, and is also perfect for those of us who have clotting disorders and are not allowed to take the pill. This is initially why I had one, but to be honest, its done more for me with pmt than any other thing I have tried.

Thank you so much ladies for all your input, I have bought some Bach remedies and evening primrose to try first, It has been really hard not to eat extra and so I have attempted to stick to lower cal and protein snacks when I can't help raiding the fridge. On the plus side I have been watching a load of Biggest Loser episodes and brainwashing myself to workout a lot harder. Hopefully all the hoofing it on the treadmill and sweating will stop me putting on this week xxxx Definately will be referring to the advice and suggestions you have all given me as I would really like to get rid of the disruption that PMT has been causing me up to now xx

Back