• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Painful, grumbling, hunger?

blondelozzie

Ok this is driving me mad now, 8 weeks post op, 1st fill 2 weeks ago.I keep waking in the night and not being able to sleep with what I can only describe as real hunger pains?
They are round my rib cage and middle .
I have yet to succumb to going raiding the fridge to see if this cures it as don't want to go down that slippery slope!
I have my dinner any time between 5-8pm depending on wot I'm doing but it don't make any difference?
HELP :( does anyone else get this? I also have pain in left shoulder like someone is poking me? Surely it's not still wind??

It could be wind still. I get wind if I eat too much or too little .... Or if I leave too long between eating meals. Which is the reason I personally have my three meals a day plus two healthy snacks (if I need them). At the moment I am eating a farleys rusk before I go to bed :rolleyes: mostly because its only 70 calories, takes some eating and just seems to keep me going till I get up at 5am. Fingers crossed you work out what it is that's causing this pain. Have you spoken to your dietician?

Last edited:
I found that after my first fill at 5 weeks post op, that it stimulated my hunger and found the evenings and late nights really hard as I could literally have eaten a horse. My band didn't (and still doesn't) give me restriction in what or how much I eat, but I did have a further small fill 2 weeks after the first, which helped curb this ongoing hunger that I felt even after I'd eaten.

I tried moving over to crunchier foods with my dinner meal to see if that would help . . .it didn't. But I did find that having a 2nd smaller fill has taken away a lot of that hunger that I was feeling :)

Thank you all! I have been having a low fat milk horlicks at bedtime and so far so good :)Just gotta work it into my calorie allowance now but I guess it ups my calcium intake too?
And another plus is its bloody lovely :) :) :)

Back