• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pizza pocket

phatgirl

I made this for dinner & it is yummy!

Pizza Pocket

Ingredients:
Whole wheat pita cut in half
Shredded cheese of your choice
Leftover meat (I used a leftover beef kabob I made last night & some pepperoni slices from the fridge)
Grated parmesan cheese
Sliced mushrooms
Tomato sauce
Optional - feta cheese cubes

I turned the oven on to about 200 to get it nice and hot while I made the pockets.

I put the meat that I had cut into bite size pieces in a bowl with the cubed feta, sliced mushrooms and parmesan cheese. I added enough sauce to coat everything. It is up to you what the ratio of sauce to fillings is and how much cheese you like, I am part mouse so loooove cheese.

I cut my pita in half and then opened up the pocket. I sprinkled some of the shredded cheese into the bottom and then spooned in the meat mixture. I filled it almost full and then covered the filling with more cheese. I place the pockets into a deep narow dish so that the pockets were facing up so that the cheese couldn't run out when it melted. For a non-bypasser use the entire pita only cutting an opening big enough to add the filling.

Bake for 10-15 mintutes.

This recipe can be very low fat if you use low fat cheese & low fat meat such as chicken or turkey.

Enjoy!

Back