• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please Help!!! binge in progress

kargar

Hi, I'm a 2 day newbie. Had 1st band fill last monday, but just sat here and managed to eat a finger of twix and 2 packets of pringles rice infusions. Feeling really bad, why can i eat this? why am I sabbotaging my surgery? Feel like a total failure and 8k poorer. any advice/support would be most gratefully accepted. Just don't know whats wrong with me.

Oh I do feel for you chick, not much I can say as I had bypass because I knew I would be tempted to eat too much other wise......just want to send you some positive vibes and hugs and hope some with the band will come along and advise you.....from what I have read it takes time to get your head around it all so dont be too hard on yourself you have not failed its a blip....xx

Thankyou, i been sat here waiting for a reply for what seems a life time. Feel so distraught. I hope i can find some answers here.

Karen

Treat every day as a new one, i have had a band but not had a fill yet, if you feel you can eat too much without any restrictioin then contact whoever you get your fills with you may need more?? Dont look at it as cheating... this is where we have all failed on DIETS this is a way of life.. tom just watch what you eat do a little more exercise, but dont feel guilty, so what if you have had that, the difference is and the way you have to look at it is- if i had not have had the op this would have been every night, not just one!! you keep your chin up and treat tom as a brand new day ((((HUGS))))

xxxx

Thankyou Donzi. I just feel really disappointed. After the op I was in soo much pain, I wonder if it was worth it. I find it hard as i was a comfort eater, and really stressed at mo, and just getting over flu virus, it's learning how to chanel my feelings away from food that i'm findig difficult. I cry so much at mo. I know what i need to be doing, but it's like i go into a trance and don't realize until after. I's even harder cos it's xmas. I so fed up of food ruling my life. Looks like you had your band a few weeks after me (3RD NOV) how are you finding it yourself? I'd love to know your initial experience. K

Thanks charlie girl. I tink Im gonna need a lot of support initially. It's good to kno there's people out there who are willing to listen.
karen x

I think the problem in any problem is trying to avoid the problem. You need to confront this head on and have a think what you want to do with your life. Just a fan hour a day relaxing in bed to my favourite music whilst thinking does me a world of good.

Another thing.

Stop thinking about what you don’t want to do and start thinking about what you want to do and it will come to you!

You guys got me in tears. never realized there were people willing to listen. I came across this site by accident but so glad. not sure how i got here, but i think this could b a great source of comfort to me. I need people who can identfy with me and hopefully along the way I can do the same for others. I guess tomorrow's another day and tomorrow i can try and form a plan.

I am a comfort eater too. I find the lonely times are the worst, where I want to grab the crisps and as my other half works nights and sleeps from 11am til just b4 he goes work I get lonely a hell of a lot. I find keeping busy helps and drinking a lot of water. also if your a savory snacker, oxo is great for loosing the craving. If your comfort eat sweet things try and have muller light/low fat yoghurt instead.
Hope this helps. Dont beat yourself up it happens to the best of us which is why we went to the length of having surgery. Keep your chin up, you can do it. Kind regards R x

You guys got me in tears. never realized there were people willing to listen. I came across this site by accident but so glad. not sure how i got here, but i think this could b a great source of comfort to me. I need people who can identfy with me and hopefully along the way I can do the same for others. I guess tomorrow's another day and tomorrow i can try and form a plan.

Where all in the same boat here so teamwork is needed to keep this boat sailing. We are also stopping it from sinking by losing pounds and cheering each other up!

hi cant offer much more advice other than to say try to focus on the positive t hings you have managed to do and that tomorrow is another day from what people have said on other threads it can take a while to get your head round it completely and if you find yourself reaching for the same again try something different, i found that since ive been a memeber on here i spend so much time of an evening looking through old posts its well passed my bed time keep your chin up and there is always plenty of support on here, sometimes its just a bit slow.

R x Thanks, I do most of my eating when alone. It's so hard to brek the habit. Not sure where i go from here, but will check in every day. ... Thankyou all for your support. I hope i can do the same in the future. Karen x x x

Tes.... thanks, i agree, you can get totally lost on this site!! I even find it hard finding my posts!! Karen x

Tes.... thanks, i agree, you can get totally lost on this site!! I even find it hard finding my posts!! Karen x
Hi Karen, i'm just sending you massive (((hugs))) as I know how hard dieting is, and am waiting for surgery at the mo myself:D:D
Also to find your posts just click on the CP in the toolbar and it lists them all:D

Hi Karen. just wanted to say hello and say that none as are perfect all the time... thats why we need the surgery. physically people seem to cope very well with wls but mentally can still struggle, its a huge thing to get your head round, but stick it out, there are always plenty of people to give advice and help on here. i have not had surgery yet, and i can binge:8855:and as long as the band when i get it, stops some of them i know it will work. the inspiration on here will help. good luck. Bridie x

Hi Candie, thanks, what you having? band or bypass? you sound just as excited as i was! ta 4 hugs i need as many as i can get!!! please keep me informed on your surgery, karen x x

I'm going for consultation on thurs, so will let you know chuck, but will prob have a bypass:D:D

Bridie, it's so good to have support from those who are waiting for surgery. it makes me remember why i had it done in the fisrt place. but hopefully it willalso enlighten people awaiting surgery that it is still hard. Please let me know how you get on and if i can help........
love karen x

Back