• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Portions and eating

misscharlie

After reading a few posts the last couple of days i jus think I'm eating too much. I've made a call to teh dietien, but shes on holidays so left a message to ring me when she gets back. I havent spoken to her since leaving the hospital.

So I have tracked what I've eaten today, so I can get an idea of protein levels

So far I've eaten

3 rasher bacon
2 tinned sausages
Party ring buscuit

1 cheesestring

tin (130g) Tuna
1/2 onions
2 small peices of garlic bread
1 french fancy (nasty things left over from halloween and they keep telling me to eat them! :(

How does this sound? I'm nealy 4 months post op. Xx

Blimey, do you not dump on the biscuits and cakes?

Looks like a lot of food but I guess you spread that amount over lots of small meals.

I have a HUGE amount of restriction, so struggle badly to eat even the tiniest of portions.

Ermmm well I know I'm sort of a special case having had 2 lots of surgery...but no way could I manage that lot!

i managed bacon yesterday for the first time, I just managed one rasher with all fat cut off, + 2 tinned tomatoes and BOY was I stuffed! (it was delicious though! :) )

I daren't touch sweet stuff, I dump for England on a sniff of sugar!

Today for lunch I had 2 rashes of bacon, half a sausage, half a tomato, a spoonful of beans, one egg and ..... wait for it .... a slice of toast :eek:

I WAS full up but I really shouldn't be eating that much should I ?

After reading a few posts the last couple of days i jus think I'm eating too much. I've made a call to teh dietien, but shes on holidays so left a message to ring me when she gets back. I havent spoken to her since leaving the hospital.

So far I've eaten

3 rasher bacon
2 tinned sausages
Party ring buscuit

1 cheesestring

tin (130g) Tuna
1/2 onions
1 french fancy (nasty things left over from halloween and they keep telling me to eat them! :(

but I was just thinking...how is your weight loss? isn't that the telling thing?

We're all different. I KNOW I have a tiny pouch because my surgeon told me: (he recognised in theatre my problem is big portion sizes from my HUGE stomach :eek::eek::eek::)...and since my second op, restriction is even more pronounced...and now I'm 12 weeks out and trying more 'normal' food I'm finding this more than ever........
...... but as long as you're losing weight and feel well, that's the main thing, right?

I can't cope with garlic bread either, I tried a piece last week for the first time and it gave me horrendous indigestion.

But if you can, I can't see how a little bit could harm you. xx

Today for lunch I had 3 rashes of bacon, half a sausage, half a tomato, a spoonful of beans, one egg and ..... wait for it .... a slice of toast :eek:

I WAS full up but I really shouldn't be eating that much should I ?

see post above Karen! we're all different and I've been held back from even trying 'normal' food yet!

I'm very, very weak at the moment and I think it's because I can eat SO little.
My legs are so like jelly I can't even walk, have to be in my wheel chair to go out...where as you just went and did loads at the gym!
.....so you're burning yours off! I'm still stuck in bed 80% of the day! :sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh:

My weight loss is snail pace compared to most lately. Whilst I'm not so worried, if I actually keep losing, my worry that i wont keep losing at all. Everyday I'm battling hunger. I'm always so hungry.

I'm averaging 6-7 a month, and whilst I know thats not bad, I've only lost a stone in the last 8 weeks and I'm only 16 weeks out. I'm scared that I'll lose the time frame of the golden 6 months.

So far I've eaten

3 rasher bacon
2 tinned sausages
Party ring buscuit

1 cheesestring

tin (130g) Tuna
1/2 onions

I didn't think that this sounded like very much! Like Karen I'm 8 weeks out & eating more I reckon!

Well I have been concerned that I can eat too much in one go for a few days now. I'm worried I've stretched my pouch.

So I've just emailed the dietician and told her what I can eat and asked is it too much. I will let you know what she says.

My weight loss is snail pace compared to most lately. Whilst I'm not so worried, if I actually keep losing, my worry that i wont keep losing at all. Everyday I'm battling hunger. I'm always so hungry.

I'm averaging 6-7 a month, and whilst I know thats not bad, I've only lost a stone in the last 8 weeks and I'm only 16 weeks out. I'm scared that I'll lose the time frame of the golden 6 months.

maybe you need to super focus on protein rich foods and cut out anything else for a while? are you drinking enough? I'd love to help anyway I can. xxxx

I keep missing my dietician, I ring she's out, she rings I'm out! I managed a whole chicken breast last night with a steamer bag of veg... so drier foods don't seem to make any odds!

I haven't tried a chicken breast yet but I'm sure I could.

Ah well, we "big" eaters (lol) shall have to resign to losing our weight a little slower ;)

Well I got an email back. Gosh that was quick :eek:

LOL that's because it was an "Out of office" reply. She's on leave until 8th November.

So far I've eaten

3 rasher bacon
2 tinned sausages
Party ring buscuit

1 cheesestring

tin (130g) Tuna
1/2 onions

It sounds fine to me, as someone else says you've spread that out over a day. Lets face it pre op that might have done me for two meals if you'd thrown some toast n bread in there as well....

I know you are worried about your weight loss and tuna is great for making you feel the restriction. How about losing the tinned sausages and swapping them for a poached egg? Protein rich and i find eggs fill me...

I too can eat loads but since our posts the other day Charlie i've decided to consciously think about what i'm eating! So no more 'egg custards' (which i'm told are okay as they are protein - err i checked the pack nearly 250 cals for one... yikes) and pick stuff that fills me! I had two cold boiled eggs in a small pitta with a bit of grated cheese in for my lunch today, thought i would manage a yoghurt as well? Nope i had to throw half a delicious choc/orange muller light away, my pouch was so tight it was unbelievable....

Why not get some Atkins Day Break bars to replace the 'french fancies' and give you a much needed protein boost? I think that me and you have a similar problem - were eating stuff that goes down easy and also things like egg custards and halloween cakes because they don't make us dump! Let's make the most of our 'golden' time and make good choices xxx

It sounds fine to me, as someone else says you've spread that out over a day. Lets face it pre op that might have done me for two meals if you'd thrown some toast n bread in there as well....

I know you are worried about your weight loss and tuna is great for making you feel the restriction. How about losing the tinned sausages and swapping them for a poached egg? Protein rich and i find eggs fill me...

I too can eat loads but since our posts the other day Charlie i've decided to consciously think about what i'm eating! So no more 'egg custards' (which i'm told are okay as they are protein - err i checked the pack nearly 250 cals for one... yikes) and pick stuff that fills me! I had two cold boiled eggs in a small pitta with a bit of grated cheese in for my lunch today, thought i would manage a yoghurt as well? Nope i had to throw half a delicious choc/orange muller light away, my pouch was so tight it was unbelievable....

Why not get some Atkins Day Break bars to replace the 'french fancies' and give you a much needed protein boost? I think that me and you have a similar problem - were eating stuff that goes down easy and also things like egg custards and halloween cakes because they don't make us dump! Let's make the most of our 'golden' time and make good choices xxx

Cheers Love. Its starting to look a bit better than it was. I just need to make better choices. I actually thought those sausage contained protein... when I checked after I'd eaten then it was 0. So eggs would of def been the better option!

The wii is also set back up and tonight gonna have a blast. I will melt this excess fat away :D x

You go Charlie, as you say were not far apart weight loss wise, although mines not been updated for a few weeks. I'm doing the make better choices ideas too and also trying to watch my calorie intake.

I tracked my food on www.foodfocus.co.uk today and have eaten just under 1300 cals and just made 70 grammes of protein by having 2 Atkins bars, which means i've probably not hit my protein for a while... Head on and get back into it... We'll have to encourage each other. I'll be aiming for good choices and lots of protein, hopefully this will encourage weight loss :)

I've never tracked my food either and today I have here's paste of it

EDIT ITS COPIED WRONG LOL

Totals1,1787053701178 cals 70g Carbs 53g fat (OMG WHERE DID THEY COME FROM!) 70g protein
Am really pleased to have hit 70g protein, but need to work on other area's now like fat! Just checked the pork was 13g and the bacon 10g eakkk....

The battle may take a little longer, but we will get there! I'm not giving up without a fight :)

Charlie, neither myself or you are given up till we've kicked the **** out of our wobbly bits :) xx

Back