• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POST BANDERS.. concerned?

TMD68

Six Month Post Op
Know I only had my band late Friday, yesterday I sipped over 2L of water during the day, had a hot chocolate made with milk and some strained ox-tail soup

Today not even been able to manage half a pint of water, have managed 1/2 small tin of soup and not been able to manage to even finish a bottle of slimfast as yet.

Majorly concerned I am not getting sufficient quantity of anything substancial in.

Taking a multi vit & Mineral tablet daily

Am I giving myself an overly hard time less than 48hours since op?

Not sure about the by-pass but I do know that when I had my band, I hardy had anything to eat for at least a week or so, I had my band fitted on the Friday, did not eat anything till the tues, as long as you keep drinking the water and taking the vits you sound be ok, I had my op in may, I was on liquids for weeks, i just had my 1st fill and am back on liquids again, I work full time, kids, hubby etc sometimes I do get tired, but I try decant sleep and take loads of vits. Mandy

this will just be with the swelling try not to worry as each day can be different with your liquid intake especilly in the 1st week as your body will be swollen to protect itself, just keep taking tiny sips when you can x

I agree with Liz, the swelling can get better and worse some days i could drink a whole slimfast others days hardly any.....in my blog (click on the link in my profile thingy) i talk about what i had each day that may help you see what some one else managed.....but make sure you stick to your surgeons advice as they do differ xxx

Back