• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op Appointment

if your fasting they could be checking glucos and cholestral

Still waiting for my opp but I'd imagine if you're fasting its for blood glucose. You've done fantastic so I'm sure it'll go great x

I don't have such a post op appointment.. I had one at 2 weeks post op and now my surgeon has written to my GP telling her to do my bloods every 3 months. As to my surgeon; I have a year's free followups, and can take as many or as few as I choose to, but he recommends not to take fewer than one every three months. I plan to take a LOT more than that if it's free...I have various issues I want to discuss with him right now actually.

1. He repaired a hiatus hernia when he did my sleeve and said it would help me with a long term chronic cough. As yet, if anything, cough is worse.

2. check my scars.
3. How to speed up my weightloss.

He does attend the support groups but somehow I don't think these issues are suitable to be discussed in an open group.

Be prepared for a bollocking for losing too much too quick. I asked my surgeon if he wud put that in writing but he didn't seem to see the funny side lol

the blood test they'll be doing goes further than just your glucose and cholesterol ;) they can tell if you need more/less iron intake etc........ it goes a touch further than the hba1c check that i had earlier on this month

just remember to take a pen and paper gary when you get the results

atb j

Back