• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op diet

sam37

i was wondering if anyone cheated their pre op diet, ive never never been able to stick to a diet for more than 2 days... got me op 4 a band on 13th may, bit worried

I had a coronation chicken jacket potato the day before op but that was it. Still had a small enough liver for the op to go ahead. But it should not give you an excuse to do it. You need to be in a right place before the op because it won't stop you for eating junk food post op. And when people used to say that to me as a pre opper I was thinking yeah yeah that won't be me. But it is so true! Good luck won't be long now

I didnt have 2 do a pre op diet as mine was a last minute cancellation. But I would have stuck 2 it 100% and wouldnt wanna risk the chance of getting on the operating table and the op being cancelled xx

Hi

I have always been rubbish at sticking to diets, which surprise surprise is why I am here and had a bypass. I was one of the lighter patients to have a bypass with my BMI at the pre op only being 40 so only had to do the milk diet for 7 days. I was so paranoid about returning from the theatre that I did it for 10 days and actually managed to stick to it 100% and even started enjoying it as well, I never once felt hungry on it, mind you if I had to stick to it for longer or use it as just another fad diet, I would have failed because that's what I do. Just glad it's all done and dusted and the fear of dumping and being sick is keeping me on the straight and narrow, so to speak.

I am sure you will be ok on yours as you know it's only for a short time unlike a diet propper.

Paul

Hi im afraid i cheated the night before operation. I was staying in the hotel which is part of the hospital and the canteen was shut on a sunday night even tho I had checked the website. I had to get a sandwich from the vending machine and i also got a packet of crisps, i ate half of both and then flushed the rest away to stop me from eating them. Felt very guilty and thankfully everthing went fine with my operation. Good luck with the pre op diet and do your best. Xx

I had to do one for a week but the surgeon said it would be good practice to do it for two... The first week three out of seven days I did the milkshake I couldn't do it as in my head all I remembered was that he said 7 days are the most Important !! Those seven days were terrible. I admire the people who can do it for longer but that's not mee! Doesn't mean I didn't want the surgery as much as them either! Good luck with your pre-op xx

arhh thankyou for all your comments, im really touched am relying on this site for my support, more interesting than face book lol.I think i am really focused even tho i dont start the 2 weeks til next week trying to think about if im hungry or just being me lol cos i dont wanna get on that table and the surgeon wont do it :(

Hi all im on my 6th day of the milk diet and today im so so hungry i was wondering would a sachet of tomato cup of soup do any harm

If its on your diet sheet it is fine. Otherwise hang in there. It gets easier after the first 3 or 4 days

Hi chrissie54uk
I'm on day 7 of the milk diet and i found day 6 really hard but did stick to it, as i went for a bypass in feb but they couldnt do it because my liver was too big, even though i stuck to the low carb diet that time! they couldnt give me a reason why it happened, just said it was one of those thing!! xx :)

I used a mlk frothier to make lovely frothy coffees and felt fuller on those

Back