• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Opp ??

Tubadale

i'm having a bypass next Saturday 24th at Spire in Manchester. I have as yet not had a meeting with the nurse or dietician and have no date for my pre opp. I have seen the surgeon 10th Dec 2008. I have been following the liver diet since then. I phoned the Spire last Wednesday as I am getting a little nervous as to if things are going ahead, was told I am on the list for the 24th in the morning. Is this the norm ?

Are you going private or NHS, and if NHS which PCT?

I went private for my op and didn't have a pre op meeting prior to the actual operation date, in fact i hadn't met my surgeon till the actual day as i was under another consultant ! and only met my dietician 2 days after my op ! I was told to just check into the hospital at 07:30 ! so i did !

Seems that the NHS make you jump through the hoops, having pre meetings with all manner of people before hand seems to be the norm

Hi
I didn't have my pre-op until the evening before my op.
Different places do different things but if you are worried I'd give them a call and ask x

My opp is NHS paid for by Oldham PCT, perhaps I'm just feeling "OMG ONLY 5 DAYS TO GO !!"

Tubadale good luck with the op and welcome to minimins :)

I was private as well

Back