• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PROTEIN INTAKE

Amrac1

Hello all,
I am doing ok I think. Weight dropping and all medications stopped. However I went onto a food focus site yesterday and put in my food . I was shocked to realise that my protein intake was only 30g! I think I'm surposed to have 80g so I am well down. Calories were 795 so ok I think.
Thinking about it I go for a few days with no weight loss and then seem to eat a bit more and lose 3 pounds overnight! Is this due to my low protein intake do you think? I know we need protein for muscle development and also for maintaining metabolism.
Any idea's?

what site do you use to check all this out?????????????////

I take a lot of protein but only because I exercise a lot.

I have taken protein for a long time.

Yup sounds like you could do with a protein boost!

Tracey google food focus and you'll find it, it's a free to use online food diary, you put in your daily eatings and it breaks it down into protein/carbs/fat etc.

I was too scared to put my protein in but i have taken the step of buying a protein powder (thank you Shell for advice on another post) and intend to have a couple a day. I think even though i try to go protein all the way it is still nearly not enough. Having heard of some people suffering with back problems and muscle wastage i think we need to concentrate as much on protein as we do drops on the scales xx

Well i brought my protein powder from Boots and for £18.99 it should last me a week @ 2 shakes a day! I have since used a link that Mixxy (i think) put up and found one that has twice the amount of servings as the Boots one and when i ordered 2 tubs it gave me free delivery if i have it Mon/Tues next week. Ordered a rich toffee flavour and banana and am hoping they are yum! My Trev who is trying to shift weight will start having one for a meal replacement at breakfast time also...

Hiya Julie, let me know how you got on with the new protein powders, as definitely need some, thanks for that xxxxx

i got some protein powder from 'myprotein', its very reasonable and so are the bars, and mixers, etc, they do all sorts of stuff, and delivery is really quick.

Have a look in the post op recipes section, Nic used to post loads of high protein recipes with added powder in etc.

I'm guessing we can also mix the protein powder into yoghurts if we don't want to be drinking shakes etc...

Well my new protein powders arrived yesterday (should have been Monday next week - free delivery too) and i've just tried the creamy toffee and it was lush, very frothy and to be honest no lumpy little bits like i have with the boots powder, and yes i use a electric mixer to make them...

I'd recommend the toffee one, will let you know about smooth banana lol xx

Hi,
I get a tub of protein shake mix from Holland and Barretts (see the Tv ads) but I find if I have a shake then it has to be a meal replacement as I can't fit in a meal as well. Any suggestions? is that ok? does anyone know?

how can you get more protein into you when you cant stomach any thing, that has to be mixed with milk or water i cant take slimfast, fortimal, build up or complan .. so im worried i wont get enough protein into me any advice is welcomed ......

Hi Tray,

2 options, juice style protein shots (you can get them singularly in holland and barratts, think they sell the Pro Slam ones, they look like flourescent clear liquid in test tubes but watch out as one of them is packed full of sugar) which you can either drink neat or dilute a bit to make like a squash. The other option is protein bars (like atkins bars, you can get them in boots or holland and barratts to try) but you have to watch out for carbs and sugars. They might be something for when you're a bit further out.

Just thinking actually, another option is to get some natural protein powder (very little flavour) and add it to soup/porridge.

I'm sure we can mix it into yoghurts too! That is if you have a flavoured one, or maybe into some plain vff fromage frais?

Good luck Tray

Back