• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question

bazlol

Had 4 fills. Now at 8mls in 14ml band. First bite of food sticking in most meals....prob me not chewing enough and causing pb or being sick but then can eat ok and big portions. Eating approximately 1200-1300 cals and doing ok. If I go over its usually wine so....should I get another fill. Y or N. Help guys

firstly, just because you're able to eat large portion, don't. Doing so can not only stretch the pouch but it can also cause issues such as slippage etc with the band, every time you eat a large portion you are putting the band under unnecessary strain and continued eating of large portions can cause the band to fail.

If the first bit is sticking, then it's probably too big a mouthful, not being chewed enough or eaten slowly enough, it's down to you to change all of those things.

The only people who can really advise regarding the fill is your provider, but firstly I would try changing how you eat, because there is the argument that if any food is sticking that you have restriction and it is now just down to you to sort how and what you eat to work with the tool you have,

Last edited:
Can't add anything to TK's advice, but I'd certainly discuss it with your provider before deciding whether to have another fill x

do you eat a from a normal dinner plate or a side plate? my advise would be aim for a small side plate for meals chew chew chew and time hpw long it taking you to eat and also what are you eating is it sliding hence the size or are you stretching yourself. do you eat till you think you cant eat another mouthful or until you vomit or is there no real restriction on what you have? I think once you look at what you eat and how much the answer will be there as to weather you need a fill.

Thanks guys. I eat from one of those diet plates. Although a large portion half of my plate is only salad, quarter chicken and quarter carbs like 2 or 3 baby potatoes. Compared to how I used to eat its prob a lot less but looks a lot because of all the salad. Have a fill booked for Wednesday so will discuss with nurse. Thanks again x

A diet plate is still a lot bigger than the portion they would suggest. My portions I know are bigger than most while Im trying to find restriction, but having been made aware of what can be serious complications by eating too big a portions, the stress on the band, I've changed that because I don't want to cause any chance of the band slipping, moving or the pouch being extended due to overeating.

Hope the fill goes ok :)

did you talk to them about your portion sizes?

Hoped it would be me at 9 too, and still going lol

Yes, she agreed with what you said so will try with a smaller plate at weekend after my fluid and mushy days. She said I was going too long between eating and that's why I'm so hungry. I've to go no longer than about 3 hours then have a small snack. Eat little and often. Thanks for your advice x

fingers crossed it will all help :) let us know how you get on :)

Back