• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RANTING!!! @ ignorant childish people/family.

Jamast

Not really anything to do with WLS but I am a bit 'miffed' actually (to say the least). My husbands family live over 350 miles away from us, they have no idea that I am hoping to have WLS and I have no intention of telling anyone other than my children. My MIL is a lovely woman who is very supportive, but she would worry far too much.
Her other son and his family are very selfish and have made is abundantly clear that thet are only waiting for his mum to die so they can have her money. They live literally five mins walk from her and leave her to struggle with everything (she is aged 88, a widow and alone), luckily she has a fabulous neighbour who does all her gardening and checks on her daily to see if she needs anything, he helps her with any workmen, etc that she needs and does all her lifting and carrying.
Anyway, my husbands brother was actually at her house, on his usual 6 weekly 30 minute visit, and started looking at her photo's, When he saw a family pic of me, my husband, our three children and our grandson - he turned round and said "they could all do with losing loads of weight - even the little one is fat!!". I now weigh almost three stones less than in that pic, my son is the so-called perfect weight for his height (he is now a serving police officer); both my daughters are slightly overweight (but not obese - god I hate that word). The eldest, struggled with Bulimia throughout her teenage years, and is now happy with her weight, but spent many years absolutely mortified if anyone mentioned her weight (whatever size or weight she was at any particular time). As for the so -called 'little one' in the pic - my grandson was at that time underweight due to kidney problems (he only has one).
It hasn't bothered my husband at all and to be honest, it wouldn't normally bother me - but for some reason I am bloody angry - How dare he?
I just want to slap him in the mouth. I did have an initial very childish reaction where I just wanted to leave him a message telling him how ugly all his children were (pathetic or what) lol
I am so looking forward to having the bypass and seeing him a year or so after.

Good for you get it off your chest. Its worse coming from a family member I think we expect them to be more sensitive and supportive but quite often they are outspoken, down right nasty and uncaring about what they say and whom they say it to. I come from a family of large people and my grandparents were obese to, people can be so hurtful and when you are actually trying to something about it, just what you don't need. Just give all that anger to us most of us will have had to cope with something similar a long our journeys. xx

well said hun i have a 2 year old little girl and she was born 6 weeks early and weighted only 4lb im not with her dad anymore and he sees her weekend but everyweek he say to me make sure she dont eat to much dont want a fat kid like her mother do i !!!!!!!
i makes me wild not sure what that has to do with your problem but i thought id tell ya anyway lol x
now im lossing weight the funny thing is he is being nice to me and has even said he made a mistake leaving me lol what a joke i say no babes the mistake i made was staying with u for 10 years and nit leaving you lol
funny how lossing weight changes so much aint it lol goog luck hun x

Good for you get it off your chest. Its worse coming from a family member I think we expect them to be more sensitive and supportive but quite often they are outspoken, down right nasty and uncaring about what they say and whom they say it to. I come from a family of large people and my grandparents were obese to, people can be so hurtful and when you are actually trying to something about it, just what you don't need. Just give all that anger to us most of us will have had to cope with something similar a long our journeys. xx

I know what you mean about coming from a family of large people, in my case it seems to be a woman thing - my grandma was large and my great Grandma was too. I can't really comment on my mother as apart from one time, my memories of her are her being constantly on a diet throughout my entire life. The one time she wasn't she did start to gain weight very quickly and did reach a size 18 (which I'd love to be lol) before going back on one of her fad diets.

well said hun i have a 2 year old little girl and she was born 6 weeks early and weighted only 4lb im not with her dad anymore and he sees her weekend but everyweek he say to me make sure she dont eat to much dont want a fat kid like her mother do i !!!!!!!
i makes me wild not sure what that has to do with your problem but i thought id tell ya anyway lol x
now im lossing weight the funny thing is he is being nice to me and has even said he made a mistake leaving me lol what a joke i say no babes the mistake i made was staying with u for 10 years and nit leaving you lol
funny how lossing weight changes so much aint it lol goog luck hun x

He sounds like a typical male then, let him want you and keep smiling knowing that he has to learn he can't have you lol x

Back