• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Reputations boxes!

Biggirlsam

Could someone tell me how to use the little blue boxes called reputation. I have gone into my user cp and found some lovely comments i'd love to be able to do those... Also I had a grey one does this mean i've upset someone????? Can I find out who I upset to apologise to them???Not very good with this machine but getting better I can at least post!!!!

Do you mean the green boxes in your User Control Panel, hun?

I have no clue what a grey one means! Will find out for you but if you want to add reputation to someone else, look at the icons above Post Reply on a thread. The second one on the left is the Rep button - click on it and you can say whether you approve or disapprove of a post and give a comment. Hang on - I'll paste the 'proper' explanation for you.

What is Rep Power???
Originally Posted by zareena
i thought your rep power increased with the amount of times you posted..lol!..

This is how it usually works.

If a person with a rep power of 10 approves one of your messages, it gives you 10 reputation points. If a newbie has no rep power and they approve your post, then you won't get any points from them (but it's kind of them anyway :) )

Someone can give you a negative, and that will reduce your overall score. Again, if it's a newbie, or someone with few rep points, you aren't going to lose much.

Your rep power depends on a number of things including how many posts you have made, how long you have been a member and how many reputation points you have.

The quickest way of upping your rep power, is to post loads and approve messages of people with high rep power, so that maybe they will reciprocate. In other words grovel :D

At the end of the day…it's just a bit of fun. Nothing to take too seriously.

Right....off to do some grovelling :D

Thank you Karion Dieting for explaining it so well:)

Hi Biggirlsam

I think your other questions have been answered I have struggled working it out too and was concerned in case the grey box ones were negative and I had upset someone somehow. However, I have since worked out that the comments by the grey box ones are from newbies who have no rep power. So it is still a positive comment but you don't get any rep points for it.

Hope this helps!

Dizzy x

Your Welcome

Glad to be of service! and Issy I liked the 'stick' bit better than the 'old'!

Dizzy x

Back