• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ring resizing

Lippyloirston

Anyone had their wedding / engagement / eternity rings resized? I'm having to wear mine on my middle finger as they are falling off my ring finger. Someone asked if my marriage had broken down because of my weight loss today:mad: what a bleeding cheek, some folk have no filters.
Anyway, looking for idea of cost, and I'm sure I read somewhere about them only being able to reduce a ring size by a certain amount.
Many thanks, xxx

I asked the same question last week, hope someone has some answers, I've nearly lost my ring a dozen times recently, can't wear engagement ring at all.

Hi, I had my rings resized about 7 years ago after I'd lost a lot of weight. I can't wear them at the moment as they're too small, so can't wait for post op when they'll fit again.

Anyway, I had mine done by an independent family jeweller. Found so much more care was put into it. For my 18carot gold wedding and engagements rings along with an eternity ring, I paid £120 - so £40 each. But this was 7 years ago

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, I think I'll give a few jewellers a call for an idea of prices. X

I had my 18ct yellow gold diamond solitaire and 18ct yellow gold 7 diamond half eternity ring done last week in the jewellery quarter it was £15 per ring :) I went from a size K to a size i the jeweller did say I was a size H.5 but I tend to build fluid at night so went a half size larger

Attachments

• photo 1 (14).JPG
    photo 1 (14).JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 48
I've just brought myself a gold chain to put my rings on until my weight has settled down as I don't want to have to keep having them resized! x

Cant wait for mine(fingers) to shrink have had trouble lately rings being so tight was sleeved on 06/09/14 so hope they will feel comfortable again soon :)

Lippyloirston did you have any joy finding somewhere local? I'm scared I loose mine as they are getting to the falling off stage, especially when I'm cold (which would be pretty much most of the time! ;))

Was in town today and popped into a small independent jeweller to get an estimate. My wedding ring needs to come down 8 sizes, and my engagement ring 6 sizes!
I'm only being charged £70 for both, bargain I thought, usually everything in aberdeen is super expensive. Totally delighted, especially with the jewellers comment "madam, you have very small fingers". I've never had very small anything in my life! job done. X

Wow 8 sizes I thought coming down 2.5 sizes I was doing well x

Your fingers must be teeny weeny now :)

Blimey, 8 sizes. Not surprised you couldn't keep them on! Would you mind telling me which jeweller, I'm being lazy........

Wow Lippy, they should be paying you for all the gold they will remove. You will be able to make a necklace and matching earrings with the gold left over!!!

Well done you.

Debbie

I wouldn't describe my sausage fingers as skinny! Marta it's a local independent jeweller in aberdeen called northern diamond. Xxx

Thanks Lippyloirston. I have also been told to try an independent jewlers in Montrose (don't know the name). Will give them both a shout at the weekend. X

Back