• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scales... Which brand/model to buy?

Slimmingnix

Hi All,
In anticipation of my op on friday (eek!), I am intending to buy some scales for my weekly measurements. Of course I need a heavy duty version to accomodate my size, but dont want to break the bank.

Anyone puchased a reasonably priced scale that does the job.

To be honest, I dont need all the other fancy calculations about fat content - just a straight forward scale.

Thanks
SN

I bought one of the older looking sets but think the weightwatchers ones are supposed to be good am sure someone will be along soon Good luck on friday :)

I have a set of Salter scales and they are fab as they came with a 10 year guarantee

this is a good question i have a scales at moment and its weighing the pounds like .75 dont understand just need normal stone pound scale is ww ones and salter like this

We've just bought some salter 9033 (I think that's right) from the homedics store on eBay, they are fab, not too complicated, they weigh up to 31st or something like that and were only £19.99. Got some at Argos the week before these double the price and really complicated so took them back

I bought a seca from Amazon. It is a digital scales. They have plenty on amazon all with detailed descriptions for you to choose

One thing is certain - the weight shown on your own scales is always less than what shows up on hospital scales.

I have the WW large digital display one's too. No where in my house is level so I don't get an accurate reading. Last time I went to the hospital I weighed 6lbs less than my scales said but I do like them

I have salter scales (they go up to 25 stone I believe) but are incredibly accurate. Highly recommend them!

i know it may sound daft but they will be in the sales in january it is always good for anything to do with weight they think everyone wants to lose after christmas xx slimfast etc always in sales in jan :)

Dont think it matters which ones you buy, once you have your starting weight from them and you weigh yourself in the same place and the same time any decent scales will do. I chose my ones in the sales just on price alone and there fine.

Kim

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate all the feedback.
I'm not too concerned about exact measurement, in so far as someone already commented, as long as I use the same scales each time, then the weekly loss can be recorded.

My issue was that so many scales di all these fancy calculations and I just want a plain one with simple to read weight! I don't even mind if it measures in kilo's, pounds or stones!

Great idea to wait for the sales... I shall wait to see what the prices are for the salter and ww.

Once again, thank for the comments.

One thing is certain - the weight shown on your own scales is always less than what shows up on hospital scales.

It's absolutely true! I weighed myself before a routine diabetic appointment and found I'd put on a kilo in the hour between my weighing and the hospital's weighing! Way to knock somebody's good mood or what...
I have WW scales.

Back