• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Setting an Avatar

shazzy

I dont seem to be able to do anything once in the correct section, I click on usercp then on edit avatar. The screen just shows a section that has something like do not use avatar with the button next to it checked and wont let me take it off. What am I doing wrong, also should I be choosing an avatar from another site and adding into my signature box instead?, sorry I am not too good on these kind of things so will need simple explanations please.
Thanks Sharon

If you go to under the 'Do not use avatar' you should see a section that says Custom Avatar. Make sure that circle has the green dot in it then hit the Browse button and select the photo from your PC that should upload ok that way

Hi hun,

You can't add an avatar until you have done 50 posts, then you should be able to add an avatar :)

You dont need 50 posts. You can add an avatar once you have 20 posts

oh, :( ok. but I still can't and that's what I was told. lol Thanks though.. don't know what else I can do but wait until i'm able to. :)

Hmmm ok, this is a strange one, I couldn't add an avatar earlier this evening so i've been posting some more.. and after you saying this, i've just looked and now I can? Maybe it's 30? lol

Thanks tho ;)

Sometimes it takes a while for the site to catch up, if youre not long past the 20 it might not have registered it yet. You should be able to do it soon though :)

No its definitely 20 lol Trust me ;)

Glad its working for you now

Cheers hun :thankyou:

Hello guys,
Ok I see what I was doing wrong. Now here is the really dumb question where will the avatrs be on my computer?, do I need to go to a special site to choose one?, can you offer some help?
Love Sharon x

An avatar is just a personalised photo. Mine for instance is of my nieces, you can upload any photo you have stored on your PC

Thank you Starlight, though I see many people have pretty pictures of angels or glittery rainbows ets and cannot quite make out how they get them. Do they just copy a picture onto the computer and then copy into the avatar page ?
Sorry for being so dumb
Sharon

Thank you i was also wondering this, as i wanted to add an image thing to my profile but it would not let me select anything. So its good to know!! :)

You do not have enough posts to put on an avatar yet

Irene xx

Back