• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shoulder pain - advice please

Tracey1404

Enjoyin' my journey....
Hi folks. Can anyone comment on how long shoulder pain might last. Had none at hospital but developed strong pain in left shoulder (almost feels like it is in the joint) 4 days after (Tuesday evening). Very sharp when I breathe in. Having windeeze and hot tea but nit rally burping any wind out.

Panicking because of a throw away remark from friend who had surgery saying just be mindful it isn't post-op pulmonary embolism!! Phoned nurse at Dolan Park who thinks it is just wind but not really reassured me much! Any advice gratefully received. Tracey xxx

Tracey I had a really sore shoulder last night, I was convinced it couldn't be wind pain because the op was Friday. But now that you've mentioned it, maybe it was wind pain - was agony I thought that I had torn a muscle or something lol. At least if both of us have had it then it's most likely not a pulmonary embolism !

Tracey I had a really sore shoulder last night, I was convinced it couldn't be wind pain because the op was Friday. But now that you've mentioned it, maybe it was wind pain - was agony I thought that I had torn a muscle or something lol. At least if both of us have had it then it's most likely not a pulmonary embolism !
Thanks Tracey - I thought I'd damaged my shoulder as it felt like joint and not muscle. I have taken lots of windeeze today as advised and walked around a fair bit (also as advised) and it has eased, still there but not as sharp or painful. How are you doing and how is "food" going? Hope you are good. T xxx

If its up around the top of your shoulder, especially when you breathe in, it's more than likely to be trapped wind at the top of your respiratory tract. That can feel like joint pain as its under your scapular. Just make sure your as mobile as possible. That should help shift it :)

Dolan park told me wind pain can last up to two weeks and comes and goes... Walking around helps and I found being on all fours helped me burp... Elegant I know!! ... Also hot water bottle/ hot shower and soluble paracetemal because that calpol they give u didn't touch sides for me ... Don't worry xxx

Dolan park told me wind pain can last up to two weeks and comes and goes... Walking around helps and I found being on all fours helped me burp... Elegant I know!! ... Also hot water bottle/ hot shower and soluble paracetemal because that calpol they give u didn't touch sides for me ... Don't worry xxx
Thanks, that helps ease neurotic concerns about thrombosis! I will do the all fours bit but try to keep it to confines of home, might look odd in ASda where much promised world's largest burp ran back down to my innards! T xxx

Oh lol lol Asda!!! Also remembered they told me not to lie flat ... Was uncomfortable but really helped...propped myself on pillows and kicked hubby out of bed for few nights ..., Sipped hot water too as that got wind up better than peppermint tea or vile cordial stuff... Passes quickly I promise but you have my sympathy was banded 27 July and memory of wind pain is fresh xx

Tracey1404 said:
Thanks Tracey - I thought I'd damaged my shoulder as it felt like joint and not muscle. I have taken lots of windeeze today as advised and walked around a fair bit (also as advised) and it has eased, still there but not as sharp or painful. How are you doing and how is "food" going? Hope you are good. T xxx

I'm good thanks, managing ok on liquids but I have noticed that come night time my tummy is proper rumbling and I feel really quite hungry :(

I'm good thanks, managing ok on liquids but I have noticed that come night time my tummy is proper rumbling and I feel really quite hungry :(
Hi Tracey. I have made us some small no sugar jellies and at night top one up with low fat devon custard and use as a dessert. I save this until I fancy something nice! Worked so far. Keep me posted. Tracey xxx

Make windmills with your arms!

Will do and thanks ..... Giving anything a shot. T xxx

Back