• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Skin regime

Ormsweird

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has advice on pre-op skin moisturizers etc to try and minimize excess skin? I'd love to hear opinions on whether it's worth it or not.

Also, question for the female post-ops...

Bras! I am somewhat busty and have no clue what to do about cleavage shrinking bra wise. Should I just play it by ear?

Yes, I have too much time on my hands to think about these things as I'm busy counting down till the 9th!

:whistle:

That is a great question and i hope someone will answer it soon. I had my surgery two weeks ago and wont be able to offer much advice. However, in anticipation of loss of elasticity of the skin, i did some research and have been using dr organic vitamin E body wash, which leaves the skin very smooth and there is a range available from holland and barrett. Hope this helps a little and i look forward to other replies also.

I don't know any cream that can fix excess skin im afraid.

Any good quality moisturiser will help keep your skin in good condition, as it can get dry in the months following surgery. But there is nothing that will minimise excess skin. That I'm afraid is dictated by other factors.

Not sure of a cream.....maybe try coco- butter skin tightening cream... Never used it personally but was told it works... Not too sure how true that is....x

Re: bras. I wear sports/sleep bras most of the time. The same ones I wore around the time of the op still give great support.

As regards excess skin, once the elasticity is gone no cream will bring it back. I'm no doctor but believe the 'fibres' causing the elasticity actually 'break' and can't rejoin.

Well, had a chat with the husband whose a doctor and as he pointed out:

'If it doesn't work the only thing you've lost is a few quid.'

I can live with this concept. Trying the Nivea Q10 firming lotion. I'll at least have nice skin! :)

Back