• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SkinnyWannabe Gastric Band Diary

SkinnyWannabe

Hello everybody, just to let you know that all went well and I'm back home today.

Yesterday i arrived at Dolan Park 7:15, 15 minutes late because there were some roadworks on the motor way, after half an hour i was shown my room, and told i had to wait for a nurse to come and have a talk.

around 7:45 a nurse came and asked me a few question, and told me that the anaesthetist would be coming to see me, and sou would be Mr Super.

He took a blood sample and left (some people have problems finding my veins, but the nurse was quite good) after that the anaesthetist came asked me a few other questions regarding the anesthetics, and if i had lose teeth or caps etc, and left. and told me that my surgery should take place around 11 am, another nurse came lol to show me the things i was going to wear for theater, fill some forms, measure my calfs etc and told me the first person in theater took a bit longer than expected and i should be in around 11:45

Mr Super came and filled more forms with me, asked me to sign the consent, told be a few things about what should i be eating after the operation etc.

at 11 the second nurse came and told me i needed to take a shower with no soap and put everything on and be ready, at 11:30 she came to pick me up to take me to theater, we waited for about 10 minutes i would say and the anaesthetist asked me to come in, i lied down, they put the needle, the gas and that's all i can remember.

i woke up in my room with one nurse asking me to move back because i was moving forward and that was no good... i was soooooo gone that i just remember laughing and telling her "i cant!" i kept holding to the bed side bars, but i didn't even had the strenght to hold them properly LOOOOOOOL! so they helped me

In my room i can remember having water,sleeping and waking up every few minutes buy the nurses and the blood pressure machines.

Until this moment i haven had any other than very mild pain, a bit of trapped wind (or so i would think) but a few sips of gripe water makes it much better.

They gave me a pack with a letter for my GP, letters for my appointments (x ray and Mr super) the band card thing and some paracetamol, before leaving this morning i had a injection that at the moment i cant remember what it was.. i think it was antibiotics.

I been having water mostly and this morning they gave me yogurt, but i don't really feel like eating... (miracle)

well that it i think... well overall i had a good experience with the Hospital Group, we will see how it goes from here.

i send you guys a whole bunch of kisses for all the support! thank you so much!
and will be updating soon, now I'm back to bed cause i feel a bit cold.

xoxo

FraN

phatgirl

Hiya hun, so glad things went well. Rest up and take it slow. Thanks for sharing your story and will love to know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

Welcome to the losing side!

N;)

orchid

Hi, Fran, so glad every thing went so smoothly for you,get plenty of rest and i look forward to reading more when you feel up to it, WELL DONE....ORCHID XX

Sambucca

thanks for posting. Glad to have you back and pleased for you that it all went well.

lucyannp69

Thanks so much for reporting on your big day. I've got my consultation with Dr Super on Saturday with a view to having the band fitted on March 10th. I feel a huge amount happier after reading the account of your day, glad it went well for you. Pls keep us posted.

LancsLass2

Well done hun, hope you have a speedy recovery. I had Dr Super too and I found him to be really good!!! Struggling losing weight at the mo though but sure when I get to right restriction it`ll fall off - fingers crossed lol.

spacemanmark

Hi Fran

Thank you for sharing your operation day with us, I am due to have mine fitted on the 20th March and its good to read how other get on!

Please keep us posted on how you get on and take it easy.

Kind regards

Mark

SkinnyWannabe

Hey guys!!! I'm back LOL! thanks for the comments and the support once again, I'm amazed that i haven't felt any pain what so ever, last night i had some paracetamol but it was mostly because i feel uncomfy at times... i guess is normal, i feel like my chest is really tight and for a reason i feel like my breath stinks, yesterday i brushed my teeth like 6 times, when i normally do it 2 or 3 max, is it normal?
is it going to be like this for ever? anyway is something i can deal with.. i should be brushing my teeth after every meal anyways so.. its OK.

The uncomfy feeling though kinda wakes me up in the morning, i go for a walk around the house and it seems to go away, but comes and goes.. i hope is something to do with the swelling and will go away with time.

I have been eating soup (green giant vegetable soup) i blend it though cuz its a bit too chunky, some yogurt, and nourishment drinks, all in 100gr portions.

Yesterday i had yogurt at 6am and i didn't eat again till 5pm because we fell asleep, i woke up a few times but to walk around and have a sip of water. at 5 i had soup and at 9 had soup again, but i think i had about 60gr cuz i just didn't feel hungry.

Today i just had a 100gr of nourishment and we will see what i feel like during the day, i was wondering if i could eat jello as i feel like eating fresh stuff, any suggestions anyone?

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
Hartleys do a very good 10 calorie jelly, in some very refreshing flavours. I have seen them in Tesco, Asda and Morrisons.

The watermelon and the the mango one were life savers for me at the early stages, just to have something frash, light and cool felt divine.

Also jelly counts towards fluid intake too.

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Great , can I order one please xxx
good luck and hope you arry on feelig so good x

SkinnyWannabe

Hartleys do a very good 10 calorie jelly, in some very refreshing flavours. I have seen them in Tesco, Asda and Morrisons.

The watermelon and the the mango one were life savers for me at the early stages, just to have something frash, light and cool felt divine.

Also jelly counts towards fluid intake too.

Hey Caz! thanks i went to Tesco yesterday and the only problem is.. none of the Hartleys jello is suitable for vegetarians :( and they actually didn't have any suitable for vegetarians jello :( I'm trying to get hold of some halal or kosher ones on eBay LOL!

SkinnyWannabe

3rd Day Post Op

Hey Guys!!! today is my 3rd day post op

I'm still feeling good, my wounds are looking better, the bruises seem to be going away and best of all still no pain!!!

I received a call from the hospital group today to check how i was and stuff, the nurse asked me if I'm taking the multivitamins and calcium, i told her that nobody told me that i need to take any, so she explained me all about it. I asked her when would be good for me to start going to the gym and she said is better if i wait 5 to 6 more weeks to make sure everything has healed properly.

I didn't expect the call at all... but it was very nice to get it, i guess i had very poor expectation :D

I think thats it for today! ill be posting soon

xoxo

FraN

kee28

hi ya hun so glad ur doing ok my opp went well to im in no pain now heheheh will check bk to see how u are doing x x x

SkinnyWannabe

8 days Post OP

Hello!!!!! I'm back he he! :D

8 days gone, and I'm still feeling pretty good, one of my wounds feels like... i don't know how to explain, it feels like it burns? does it make sense? is it normal?the other ones just itch, my mom use to tell me when i was a child that "if its itching that means its healing"... so I'm just hoping for the best.

I have gone all obsessive over my weight, i hit the scale almost everyday and upsets me the fact that i haven't lost any in days! i know I'm being silly and i should stop doing it, and I'm trying... i didn't today, but cant help but feel a bit frustrated.

The food, i am kind of sick of liquids and mushy! my stomach rumbles over my husbands food... yesterday i cooked him a curry and it just smelled gorgeous! anyways... i have been eating my mushy foods but.. i feel i bit hungry after a short while :( so i have booked my first fill with the WLS group for March.

I'm uploading some Pre Op pics for you to see ;)

xoxo

Fran

Attachments

• Picture 10.jpg
    Picture 10.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Picture 11.jpg
    Picture 11.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 31

SkinnyWannabe

15 days Post Op

OK.. so its been 15 days now.. and this weeks i have started a 30 minutes workout twice a day.

I have lost 0, zero, nill, nada!

Im so upset because i haven tried to follow the mushy diet and have not eaten anything out of order since the surgery, but still my fat ain't going nowhere!!!

I have been having larger portions though, because i get hungry really quickly, not much larger though.

So i tried this... Daily Plate website, where you keep a food diary and a exercise diary too.. and even though i am eating under 900 calories and exercising... im not losing any weight!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!