• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

soft food suggestions ?

julieann

I've just started on mashed soft foods and i'm ok for food ideas in the evening, but i am returning to work on monday don't have access to a microwave, and my mind has gone blank for ideas on what to have for lunch. I would be grateful for any suggestions.
julie x:26:

Hi Julieann,

What facilities do you have, Fridge? Kettle?

How about the snack pots of instant mash (they come in a number of flavours) for starters.

If you have a fridge look at PG's thread on purees, there are some recipes for houmous etc on there.

Cottage cheese, tuna mayo, prawn cocktail (chop up the prawns a bit with some scissors).

Sure there are lots of others :)

I return to work on monday and as I fear eating too quick as we tend to eat at our desks I am fully stocked up on a variety of cup a soups....I am not going to risk anything happening whilst at work...lol...xx

yes cuppa soups or take soup or hot veg curry in a flask, just an idea.

liz x

thanx for those suggestions all of you, i will definately try them, i just need something to keep my energy levels up as my job requires a lot of running about.

also hot spag bol in a flask is nice hot and warming.

you can get ace food flasks that you microwave in the morning with the food in, and they stay warm for a good few hours. Hubby has one for work, I got it in makro (its a stanley food flask) but have seen them other places.

brill idea i want 1

:sign0168:cheers shel x

shes a minimins STAR !!

Lol oi you two that's enough now or I won't be able to get my big head through the door ;)

HEHE WE LOVE YA X

hi shel, you mentioned yesterday about snackpots of mash, well i had a look in tesco today and they dont stock them. do you know what supermarkets do stock them. sorry to be a pain. x

yes i did, its typical isnt it we have one of the biggest tesco's in this area and they obviously dont stock it as all they had was packets of smash. x

ah well, I've seen those and similar in most of the supermarkets.

Back