• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sony NW S705F MP3 Player

kazz

Ok, firstly, let me just state that I am soooo not good with techo thingys!!

My sis bought me this MP3 player for Christmas, and apparently it holds 1400 songs (in the world according to Sony..... Sony : NW-S705F (NWS705F) : United Kingdom )

Apparently I have used 1.9GB of space, but only have 8 albums on it, which is completely bizarre....it should hold tonnes more than that but wont let me put anymore on....

Can anyone help me?! Dunno wat I am doing wrong!

OMG!! I thought I replied to this the other night....whoops!!!

The albums are all different bit rates, some are 128, some are 320 sumtin....I dunno wat to do, but the thing is too expensive for just to hold 6 albums!

320kbits is a brutal bitrate and will chew up some serious space.

192kbps is the maximum, unless your super sensitive hearing and wear £300 headphones, and play it on a £3,000 playback device :p

320kbit/s, 14 hours 30 minutes is about 290 songs
192kbit/s, 24 hours 20 minutes is about 490 tracks
128kbit/s, 36 hours 40 minutes is about 740 tracks

and so on so forth, each track is taken to be 3 minutes on average.

Hope that explaines it.

Pierce

you should be able to, im not sure how you would do it though with the software provided.

You could try googling it with the name of the software.

OK,
1) Open up Sonic Stage
2) Go to Tools: Options
3) On the drop down menu on the left hand side click on Transfer
4) In the Box on the right you should see ATRAC Audio Device
5) Highlight this by clicking on it
6) You should now see a Box 'Set Transfer Rate' - Click on this and another box will open up

Are you still with me???!!!

OK
Next...

You should see 2 sections,
1) Standard Transfer Mode
2) Specific BIT Transfer Rate Mode

In 2) click in the dot to the left of the wording

There is now the option to set your BIT Rate
Select 132kbps (ATRAC3)

This is what mine is set to and I have over 400 songs on a 512mb Sony MP3!!!

Good Luck, let me know how you get on..

Just one more thing, make sure you click on OK all the way back out to the main Sonic Stage Screen!!!

Marie

When you go into Sonic Stage, connect your MP3 by USB, select the tracks you want on there as normal in the transfer section, before you transfer anything on the right hand side there will be a list of songs, this is what is on your player, you can right-click and delete them as you go along.

I would clear the lot and start fresh.

Marie

Thanx Marie....I managed to format the whole thing last nite...dunno how I did though!!!I think there was some sneaky stuff on there as well!!

I put lots of albums on and my laptop was working thru the night transferring to my lil sony man!!!

Am very very happy now...thanx soooo much for your help!!!

Back