• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Spire Mr Amouri aftercare????

baby jayne

Hi
Could anyone tell me how much aftercare you have received since your Op?:banghead:
The reason I ask this is that I had my Op at Spire Manchester with Mr A and I have to say I have no regrets with regards to his part in it all, but the aftercare!!! what aftercare???? I haven't had any.

How are you getting on? I paid 7k for this and think I deserve at least a phone call!!!

Am I being rash??? is it early days?? 3 weeks ??:rolleyes:

Meggie

I don't have an answer to this but I'm sorry you don't feel that you're getting the care you deserve! How are you feeling after your op?? Did you have a band or bypass??

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
what company is your providor ?

baby jayne

Meggiemoo I feel fine after the Op...but only for having the support of all u lovely people who answer my queries I don't think I would be doing as well.

Liz I went direct with Spire. I have an appt on 1st July come in the post to see Mr Amouri but that is all I have had since the Op 3 weeks ago today.

Thanks for all the help I have received on here since my Surgery, especially Liz, Caz, Gaynor and Mazza. xxx

AA1234

If you went direct to the Spire then you may find that you have not paid for an aftercare package. What were you told you would get? Was aftercare ever mentioned or considered as part of you decision.

7K dose sound as though it may have an aftercare package. Call the Spire. If you have paid for aftercare then you should call them and ask where it is.

thinkbethin

Hi Liz, I had mine done on the NHS so I'm not really sure what after care you should be getting. I too have had no phone calls or anything but have an appointment with the surgeon on the 27th of june. Should get my fill within 2 weeks after this appointment. I suppose if I needed them I could ring and get any advice I needed but like you I've had my support from the many lovely peeps on here and this help has got to be better because they've been through it and know what they're talking about. xx Gaynor xx

baby jayne

Thanks Sue & Gaynor

Yes I do get aftercare, on the emails I received prior to Surgery from Mr A's secretary it says 2 years...but in the booklet it says 1 year.
The bareatric nurse said when I left she would be in touch at around 2 weeks after surgery and gave me a number if I needed any advice but I have never heard from them. I even had to ring up and ask when I should take the dressings of as I had not been told and the nurse told me take them of myself that day but never asked how I was.
As you know this is a mjor life change and if it wasn't for all the support here I think I would have called them more but thats not the point they don't know if I am ok or not...they where quick enough to take the money!!

hopelesscase

as with any surgery you would normally been seen at 6 weeks and in the meantime if you had problems see yr GP. i had mr ammorie but at salford royal and got a fantastic information pack off him with all the info i could possiably need.
If yr not happy phone louisa his sec and ask her what you should expect

baby jayne

Thanks HC I will ring her if I need to, I just worry about people having this Op without a forum like this for support if this is how they are with people...I never received much info at all. I have no regrets about going with Mr A but am a bit peeved that I haven't even had a call to see how I am getting on from his team!! Never mind I don't need them I have Mini's!!

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
I know when i had my consultation with Mr A i asked about after care. It's something that worries me given the distance i'm travelling. He told me he would keep me in an extra night and would be at the end of the phone if i needed him. He has told me that my own GP and nhs hospital would be able to deal with minor probs and if anything major i would go back down to see him. I'm paying 10k so def want value for money. As everyone has said contact them and ask questions. Hope you get it sorted out xx