• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Started taking Zoton fastab today

waynetta

I'm on the losers Rd.
When I went to see Mr Youssef the Anaesthestist the other day, he wanted me to start taking this Zoton fastab for acid reflux, before surgery and you have to take it post op to help prevent ulcers. Well I kept forgetting to take the blumin thing cuz 1. You have to take it on an empty stomach & I only remembered every time i'd ate and 2. I hate taking tablets that you have to let dissolve on your tongue, so the thought was putting me off straight away.
Well just now I finally remembered to take it....yipeeee, welldone me and I just want to say how suprisingly yummy it is. Its strawberry flavour and i'm quite looking forward to take another tomorrow now! How sad am I? lol :p

i know what you mean abut tabs ive been taking thyroxine for 9 years and still forget to do it when i get up. lol

I'm terrible at remembering T, goodness knows how i'm gona get on with my vitamins for the rest of my life!!! That Zoton does actually taste better than half of the sweets that my son has!!!

I keep mine by the chair I have breakfast in and have it before breakfast every morning, quickly followed by my calcichew and forceval :D

Hi Shel, yeah i'm gona have to come up with some sort of routine, it's the waiting 30mins after taking it that will do me.

I have mine next to my alarm clock and then i have a dossett box for my daytime ones and then my last calcichew of teh day is next to my remote in my bedroom so i remember it at night.
this is when i take my tabs during the day i have a reminder set on my phone so i dont forget.
7am as my alarm goes off lanzoprozole
8am with my breakfast forceval and iron
10am calcichew
4pm lanzoprozol
6pm with my tea iron
bedtime calcichew and ducolax
i have found i have to take my iron with food otherwise i get tummy ache.
how and when do others take all their suppliments.

Blumin eck. I aint never gona remember all that!!! I have definately got to seriously think about some sort of routine that wiill suit me. Thanks H/case. x

You'll be supprised how easy it is to get your head round it all, i keep all my vits in a plastic box, and its routine to get up and take the handful i need for the day first thing.
I didn't really like the taste of the Zoton, and thankfully i'm now on the lanzoprozol which is a capsule rather than a disolving thing !

Thanks silversurfer, whats there not to like about zoton...yum yum lol x

I do mine like this now -

Before Breakfast - calcichew x 2, zoton, forceval
After lunch - Zinc, Selenium
Before bed - 15ml Ferrous Fumerate (which doesn't affect my stomach at all, don't understand why so many use sulphate which is rank and not absorbed).

Who prescribes what you need to take, the Hospital or your GP?

GP. Hospital gave me a list to give to the GP and they sort it out. I got a pre-payment card just before the op which has saved me a fortune already.

Right, cheers shel. x

yup, one tablet only.

have you only ever taken one or did you drop down to that after a length of time? I think im on 2 for 6 months and then down to 1

Hiya Weightloss wannabee, Mr Youssef said for about 3mths after the op to help prevent stomach ulcers from the surgery. x

always 1 HC :)

Back