1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
    Dismiss Notice

Starting my 4 week milk diet today

Discussion in 'Pre-Op Diaries' started by Sandra Carter, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Sandra Carter

Sandra Carter Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    31st0lb
    Current Weight:
    25st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(18.66%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Hello everyone, I'm a newbie, I love this site, I've been reading a lot of your diaries and have found them very helpful, so thanks for sharing your journeys. I'm under Luton & Dunstable Hospital and a today I started the 4 week milk diet to lose 5% of my body weight, I'm on the 6 month program. I'm pretty nervous with how I'm going to cope, already it just seems weird not actually eating anything. Wish me luck, I think I'm going to need it lol

Laaux and Emma1504 like this.
  2. Irene44

Irene44 Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.34%)
    Surgery Type:
    Bypass
    Funding Type:
    Private
    Consultant:
    Mr carr
    Surgery Date::
    July
    Hi Sandra and welcome x

I’m fairly new too. I’m hoping for my Bypass next month will get my date end of this month hopefully. I tested the milk diet to see if I could cope for 2 days Was absolutely fine hun Blingbabe gave me some really good advice and it definitely works

Everyone on this forum is amazing and really supportive so just ask questions I’m sure you will get the right answers. Your not alone you got this you can do it xx

Sandra Carter and Emma1504 like this.
  3. Sandra Carter

Start Weight:
    31st0lb
    Current Weight:
    25st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(18.66%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Thank you very much. That's good to know. I've been in the background for a couple of weeks reading up on lots of informative post on here, including Bling babes diary, it really is such a help and can see that everyone is so supportive which is what we all need, as none of this process is particularly easy. I'm on my 2nd day of the milk diet, it's not been too bad so far, but am missing chewing on some thing lol. Felt a bit light headed when I was out today, so had to come home. Can't get my head around I'm not going to eat any proper food for a whole month! Good luck with your bypass, you'll soon be on the losers bench

Emma1504 likes this.
  4. Bling Babe

Bling Babe Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(34.63%)
    Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    MrJain
    5th April 2018
    Hi Sandra, welcome, it’s great that you’ve already been having a look around in the background and thank you for reading my diary, as you’ll know I was also at L and D, I was 22 month from first appointment to surgery but my assessment was for a year as my BMI was just a tad below the 6 month assessment, so as a rough guide deduct 6 months from that your wait could be 16 months, please don’t worry as time really does fly by quickly and the really good plus to this is that it gives you plenty of time to research everything so you are armed with as much knowledge and advice as possible, there is so much to take on board and I found the further along my journey I went the more I understood what to expect. As you’ve read my diary you’ll know that after this you just have to at least maintain the 5% loss and attend all other appointments some of which are just check ups then they move on to general physician, MDT and surgeon. If you need to know anything please ask.
    Good luck with the milk, I found it OK really as it took away choices, try the chicken OXO in hot milk it blooming lovely, when I first red about it I turned my nose up but something in my head kept telling to try it and I’m so glad I did, I also much preferred my jelly sachet being made with mostly milk, just dissolve the crystals in about 6 fluid oz of boiling water and then when it’s cool but not set top up with milk to 1 pint, raspberry is lovely.
    Keep in touch xxx

Emma1504, Sandra Carter and Irene44 like this.
  5. Maria61

Maria61 Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3.5lb(37.18%)
    Surgery Type:
    Gastric bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    Mr Jain Luton and Dunstable
    19th September 2017
    Welcome Sandra. Bling and I have been through Luton together but I only had to do tier 3 for 6 months as my BMI was very high. The milk diet becomes easier as you go along as you don’t have to think about meal planning. 8 wish you every success xx

6. Sandra Carter

Start Weight:
    31st0lb
    Current Weight:
    25st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(18.66%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Hi Bling Babe, thanks for the welcome, nice to chat to you after reading your diary, you have done so well, you did have to wait a long time for your op bless you, but you handled it very well, you are an inspiration, I'm not sure I'm going to be so patient, but I'll try ;) and I did learn a lot about the L&D process from you and the chicken oxo in milk, which I'm already drinking lol and it's lovely, I also mix half a chicken and half a veg oxo cube together in milk and and put lamb oxo in milk too, they taste lovely too, never would have thought of doing that if I hadn't read it in your diary. :) I attempted to make milk jelly today, but it curdled, now I know why ha ha! I didn't let it cool first :confused:
    I have been reading loads, I'm still not convinced they will actually give be WLS, but I'm keeping everything crossed they will. I have a starting BMI of 63.3 so I really need it, I've lost significant amounts of weight in the past, but like most of us, it stops and the weight quickly comes back with added interest :(, I feel this weight will kill me if I don't get this op. Anyway I've waffled enough now, thanks for taking the time to give me the info and hope to chat again :) xx

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Bling Babe and Irene44 like this.
  7. Sandra Carter

Start Weight:
    31st0lb
    Current Weight:
    25st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(18.66%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Hello Maria, thanks for the welcome. I've seen your diary and your growing friendship with Bling Babe, it's it lovely how you have supported one another. My BMI is high at 63.3, so I'm on a 6 month program. I've not found the milk diet to bad so far, but then I'm only two days in, can only manage 4 pints, can't seem to face the 5th pint lol, and surprisingly I'm not hungry..... Yet! :) Xx

Bling Babe and Irene44 like this.
  8. Irene44

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.34%)
    Surgery Type:
    Bypass
    Funding Type:
    Private
    Consultant:
    Mr carr
    July
    Yes I was a little light headed and think it was because I was going to long in-between milk consumption. Bling suggested setting an alarm and drinking half a pint of milk every 2 hours I also split my fruit so that I could alternate so was having something pretty much every hour. It helped me Will definitely be doing that when I start the Milk-diet for real xx

9. Sandra Carter

Start Weight:
    31st0lb
    Current Weight:
    25st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(18.66%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    I've got mine all on reminders on my phone lol. I think its probably just my body adjusting, I've been really tired today as well. Really wish they allowed us to have fruit, but sadly no. It amazes me how different the diets are from hospital to hospital. Mines just liquid and sugar free jelly.
    How long will you have to do your pre op milk diet for? Which hospital are you under?

10. Shelley537

Shelley537 New Member

Start Weight:
    26st7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(11.32%)
    Hi Sandra...... thought I'd stop by and say hi I'm new here too and like you i have also been reading through lots of diaries. I'm also at Luton and dunstable and am currently on day 5 of the milk diet so we are at very simular points in our journeys ......... although I will need to follow tier 3 for a year (this is because I'm from Hertfordshire and they like all patients to follow tier 3 for a year regardless of BMI ).

Sandra Carter likes this.
  11. Sandra Carter

Start Weight:
    31st0lb
    Current Weight:
    25st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(18.66%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Day 3 of 4 week milk diet.
    Found out curdled milk jelly actually tastes really nice lol. It comes out like half mousse and half jelly. Also found out that Strawberry Crusha tastes much nicer than the banana or raspberry one. Not been able to find the chocolate one in the shops, but I have a feeling it will taste very artificial like the banana one.
    Surprisingly not feeling one bit hungry today, having to force myself to drink the milk and eat the jelly. Did anyone else find this?

Bling Babe, Emma1504 and Irene44 like this.
  12. Irene44

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.34%)
    Surgery Type:
    Bypass
    Funding Type:
    Private
    Consultant:
    Mr carr
    July
    It’s mad you would think they would all sing from the same hymn sheet! But all so very different. I’m allowed 3 pints milk 4 pieces of fruit and a clear soup I’m only on it I think for 10 days so that should be a breeze lol I’m with Spire at Washington saving like mad for the last of the money I keep thinking that it’s such a lot of money and I could put it to better use. Feel guilty all that money on just me. I’ve worked very hard for it but still feel bad about it. Not worried about the surgery as such just the cash!

I wasn’t hungry only when I missed breakfast and went to work that was silly felt feint and Hangrey lol but soon as I had some milky coffee I was ok I’m lucky being able to have the fruits though pears are my fav at the moment although it changes lol I did feel tired but didn’t sleep any better still up and down like a yo-yo

What surgery are you having hun It’s good that Maria and BlingBabe were at the same hospital as you There stories are amazing they will be a major help to you babe x

Keep posting letting us know how your doing with the milk. It’s lovely to read all the diaries and stories. Not to mention being able to chat openly to other people not having to hide behind a front xx

Emma1504 and Sandra Carter like this.
  13. Sandra Carter

Start Weight:
    31st0lb
    Current Weight:
    25st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(18.66%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    You really shouldn't feel guilty, there's nothing more important than your health,, without it you have nothing, so its money well spent. If I could have afforded it i would have paid for it.
    I don't know what surgery I'm having yet, as this milk diet is to test your commitment to the program, but I hope to be having RYN, just depends on what the surgeons says, as I have a hernia that I'm hoping they will repair at the same time.
    Yes Bling and Maria are amazing, truly inspiring. I'm forever reading people's diaries on here, you find out so much true info as they have all been through it. They are all shining stars. xx

Emma1504 and Irene44 like this.
  14. Irene44

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.34%)
    Surgery Type:
    Bypass
    Funding Type:
    Private
    Consultant:
    Mr carr
    July
    Thank you x. Oh I think you will smash the milk diet and lose the 5% without any problems. I’m addicted to this forum think I’ve read diaries going back years Just trying to learn as much as I can. YouTube as well is a constant watch. I think I’ve exhausted all the info on there at the moment

Hopefully they will repair that hernia for you. I also watch all the back episodes on WLS surgery on tv I’ve seen a lot of them repaired on there it’s seems a common problem unfortunately The kindness abounds on this forum. We are definitely in the right place :) xx

Emma1504 likes this.
  15. Bling Babe

Bling Babe Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(34.63%)
    Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    MrJain
    5th April 2018
    Aw thank you for reading, I’m sure you will get your surgery and when we know there is nothing we can do to speed up the process we just have to be patient, well done on your already great loss xxx

Emma1504 likes this.
  16. Sandra Carter

Start Weight:
    31st0lb
    Current Weight:
    25st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(18.66%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Wow weighed in at 27st6lb this morning. That's 10lb gone in only 3 days, I do realise a lot of that will be fluid, I know I carry a lot of fluid, and am a little concerned I'm taking water tablet for blood pressure, just hope i don't get too dehydrated. Struggling to get all a this milk down, as well as the extra fluid, really not one bit hungry. On the plus side a NSV today I got back into my old jeans and trousers today, not been able to wear them for a couple of years :woohoo:

17. Sandra Carter

Start Weight:
    31st0lb
    Current Weight:
    25st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(18.66%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Thanks Bling, still with you on your journey, keep up the good work :) xx

Bling Babe likes this.
  18. Irene44

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.34%)
    Surgery Type:
    Bypass
    Funding Type:
    Private
    Consultant:
    Mr carr
    July

Yippy that’s excellent hun I was amazed lost 41/2 in two days but put 3lb back on :-( That’s the hard bit when you stop Make sure you drink it babe even it’s a milky coffee definitely don’t get dehydrated sweets. You constantly peeing that’s a given I think babe :)

You have certainly got this Sandra well done xx

Emma1504 likes this.
  19. Sandra Carter

Start Weight:
    31st0lb
    Current Weight:
    25st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(18.66%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Thanks Irene, 4 1/2 in 2 days is excellent, 10lbs is just bonkers lol. You did a trial run, didn't you? I think the first bit is just fluid coming off, so it's quite easy to regain it, when you do it for real it will be different. I'm peeing for England thats for sure. I've rewritten my plan to see if it makes it any easier, I really thought I'd be starving, but I just feel bloated and a bit icky, only another 30 days to go, I've got this :eatdrink017:

Emma1504 and Bling Babe like this.
  20. Lottiewishes

Lottiewishes Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(7.93%)
    Funding Type: