• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Streamline Surgical Harrow

ICAWM

Hi does anyone have any experience of this clinic?

I've read seemingly wonderful things about their bespoke clinic designed just for bariatrics, with the overweight in mind (bigger chairs, wider doors etc) and with the esteemed Shaw Sommers too, who apparently had been on TV.

I've liked what I've read but is it all rosy?

I think I stumbled across an article about operations at St Richards being cancelled in 2012 over contractual dispute involving either the dr or Streamline - is this something to worry about?

I spoke to them the other day and it seems that even on NHS, I could ultimately have op within months (as opposed to years at Kings College). Is this another warning sign.

I'm so impressed with what I've read that I don't want to have rose tinted glasses, nor do I want to seek out negatives. I just want to be able to make a balanced decision.

never heard of them personally so not sure but nhs waiting can be quick i was at birmingham today surgery waiting is 4 to 6 months and this was my first appointment so goodluck with your journey and hope you get there soon

Streamline surgical is a company set up by Mr Summers and Mr Slater. The way some NHS treatments are funded can be confusing, but basically Streamline are contracted at St Richards to perform bariatric surgery. So in this sense they rent out the hospital facilities. That was what the dispute was about, and its long resolved. So if you pay privately you get virtually the same treatment (you get a private room) as if you are under the NHS. All the surgeons are NHS consultants, but also do private work. They are very efficient, and highly recommended.

Thank you.

I am NHS and I'm so so drawn to them, but typical me is looking for the catch.

I have read a lot of their stuff: Streamline website, bios, surgeons own web pages which will of course be favourable. It's nice to hear other validation too.

I'm hoping my GP has forwarded referral on. I'll chase tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Back