• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tabbouleh

cah-ching

I posted this elsewhere just now but I thought I would share.
Nice and healthy, very low fat and would give you around 1-2 portions of your 5-a-day portion depending on how you make it (quantities etc.)

Bulghar wheat (or couscous) steeped in warm water until fully reconstituted. I prefer bulghar and I like it al dente;

Spring or red onions (or both!) diced;

Cucumber - de-seeded and diced (mixed the seeds with apple juice for a refreshing drink rather than binning them);

Tomato diced (i remove the seeds so as not to make tabbouleh soggy);

fresh mint chopped;

fresh coriander (or flat leaf parsley) I find coriander more aromatic;

garlic [grated] as much as you desire - I used 2

lemon juice

olive oil

black pepper

salt

finish off with feta cheese and/or pine nuts (love pine nuts - too expensive though!)

Mix together in a bowl. Voilà!
Very tasty with plainly cooked fish or white meat.

Again ... this is the pic I took of one I made:
Tabbouleh.JPG

attachment.php

Last edited:
Sounds yummy! I think this was one of the SW ecipes I never tried! :D no wonder i didn't lose that much weight! I think I'd enjoy it now though. I'm out all day saturday, I think I'll make this with a bit of cheese for a packed lunch. (can't do bread at all post-op!)

Sounds yummy! I think this was one of the SW ecipes I never tried! :D no wonder i didn't lose that much weight! I think I'd enjoy it now though. I'm out all day saturday, I think I'll make this with a bit of cheese for a packed lunch. (can't do bread at all post-op!)

Added cheese will be lovely added protein and flavour ..... :drool: glad you like it. Try making it asap as the flavours will mature and get better over time! It'll keep for a few days.
I also suggest lots and lots of mint .... really good for you and it adds something unique to the overall flavour.

I pleased you also like my balsamic drizzled roasted potato/tomato idea. x

Delish.... this is just up my street... I'm a huge fan of 'Quinoa' and love this with pineapple!

Roll on Summer!!

Love and hugs xxx

Its nicer with bulgar wheat Sarah, in my opinion. Yumm I'm hungry now CC! ;)

Cah Ching i was only thinking about you 5 minutes ago, hope you are keeping well x

Recipe looks delicious, i could lick the screen lol x

I have bulgar wheat in, but hubby doesnt like it, and I am not 100% on it to be fair. It felt a little hard and grainy still when I cooked it. I prefer cous-cous as it seemed softer.
Manybe give it another go in the next few weeks!
Thanks guys x

Back