• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Biggest Loser

Miss Tickle

Anybody been watching these? I've taped Us Couples and Aussie versions.
OMG these guys lose 100lbs in 11 weeks. They RUN on treadmills and do PUSH UPs. They actually run. I'm pleased with walking round the block at the moment and think I'd drop dead if I had to run!!!
They train 3 hours a day . I can't see how they'll keep it up at home cox ther'e no way they can train that much and sureley won't have learned to eat tiny portions.
Hats off though-they melt the blubber!!
What do you think about this kind of show?

I watched the UK version and couldn't believe how much some of them had changed by the final episode, especially the guy who won. What concerned me though was that nearly all the focus was on exercise and not enough on eating. They also had weekly challenges, one of which included them playing battleships, where bowls of fatty foods replaced the ships and they had to eat them if the other team found them on the board. Perhaps they received more help with the eating off camera.

I absolutely hate exercise. Always have. But if I was thinner I would like to more fun active things like salsa dancing or some sort of competitive sport. But hours per day running round a field or lifting weights? No thanks.

I love it.Total addict. The series on our tv at the moment from the US is season 7, season 9 is actually on at the moment in America but we rarely get new seasons. I get them off the net to watch as I hate the repeats. (Season 4 and 6 get looped on Sky and so does season 2 of the Ozzy one)
The brand new Oz one has started now , it's the 2nd "couples" one.
They do actually tell people off for not eating enough also, they are given good guidelines on what to eat...as Bob says..you gotta eat to lose weight people!!!
I find them really inspiring and the shows have really helped me get my head in the right place.
They do actually show more healthy eating now but I don't like the temptations as it kinda defeats the purpose, however I love the way it shows no matter how big you are you can get your arse moving somehow and cannot wait for this years UK series to begin.

Last edited:
I love Biggest Loser. I think the ozzie one is better than the US and I thought the UK one was a bit of a joke - especially those young 'uns. It inspired me to begin my weightloss program and I ended up doing 2-3 hours a ay in the gym, 5 times a week. I only lost 1.5 stone in 8 months though - I didn't diet whilst doing it so they definately do focus on the food aspect too. I suppose watching them get beat up by the trainers is way more interesting than watching them eat salad.

The US version is becoming very commercial now though - they are constantly advertising products. I would hate to live there - their telly sucks there are so many adverts!

I love the biggest loser as does my OH. I like to see the weight losses, he likes to see the big girls run :), gotta let him have some pleasures haven't i? But seriously no, we both love it and am always impressed that folks show commitment and even more are brave enough to be weighed in public....

xx

Am an addict too watch it every morning whilst sorting
little one out, recorded from the night before.

xx

I'm definately addicted now. Am recording both the Aussie one and US one and watching everyday. would like to know more about their eating plans though as others have said in this thread.
It's inspired me to start walking and I've joined a gym. Can't imagine running though-tee hee

My OH has me in bits, he loves it.... When i ring or text to see what he's watching/doing he says i'm watching ''pant b**** pant''. He's not being disrespectful but he likes what happens when they run lol...... Men ay, so easily pleased!

we watch it every week day, often catching the aussie and the us ones
i checked amazon earluer and you can get loads of books they ship over from us about the eating plans and the fitness stuff too, they even have cook books

I have bought some of the books, including the recipe ones. Unfortunately they are American, so the weights and measures are a little tricky. I do recommend the family cookbook (the green one). There are some really good low cal, easy to make, delicious recipes in there which my two boys like too. They use lots of flavour which always goes down well.

I used to like the UK version, I haven't seen the others. Do you know if they are doing another UK series this year?

Cuppa xx

I think its great too! I religiously Sky+ the weeks episodes and watch them in my Biggest Loser marathon over the weekend. I love the way it changes people's lives not just physically but mentally too.

In the US couples version Ron (the dad in the brown team) has had bypass surgery & he started at over 400lbs - it just goes to show that this is not an easy option cos the weight can come back on if you do not use it as a tool and respect it.

Back