• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This is the new technology in gastric banding

fairyringuk

free your spirit
The new band - the EasyBand - is adjusted electronically. It consists of a silicone tube containing a metal loop instead of salt water. The tube also has a computer chip linked to a tiny motor (the size of a 10p piece).
Once the band is in place, a wire attached to it is fed up through the body and into the chest. On the end of the wire is a tiny receiver, which sits just underneath the skin by the breastbone.
To tighten EasyBand, a doctor presses a button on the handheld gadget. This sends a signal down a wire to a transmitter placed on the patient's chest.
The signal is picked up by the receiver implanted in the body and forwarded to the microchip. The chip activates a miniature engine that tightens the band and reduces the size of the stomach.
Information on the band's diameter is beamed back to the control unit, allowing the doctor to control any changes.
'There are no needles, no discomfort and it takes just a minute or two to perform,' says

Thought you ladies and gents might be interested in reading this.

Jay xx

The new band - the EasyBand - is adjusted electronically. It consists of a silicone tube containing a metal loop instead of salt water. The tube also has a computer chip linked to a tiny motor (the size of a 10p piece).
Once the band is in place, a wire attached to it is fed up through the body and into the chest. On the end of the wire is a tiny receiver, which sits just underneath the skin by the breastbone.
To tighten EasyBand, a doctor presses a button on the handheld gadget. This sends a signal down a wire to a transmitter placed on the patient's chest.
The signal is picked up by the receiver implanted in the body and forwarded to the microchip. The chip activates a miniature engine that tightens the band and reduces the size of the stomach.
Information on the band's diameter is beamed back to the control unit, allowing the doctor to control any changes.
'There are no needles, no discomfort and it takes just a minute or two to perform,' says

Thought you ladies and gents might be interested in reading this.

Jay xx

I think the only organisation that offer this in the UK at the moment is Healthier Weight, i looked into telemetric banding as an option when i was considering a band, but it was the same price as a bypass, and i wasn't sure about mechanical malfunction and what happens if something fails, would i ne left with a failed device inside me that i'd had to have sorted at cost to me ?

thats the trouble with technology SS until it is thoroughly researched over a few years it is offputting to sink any funds into it, or to contemplate having it inside you, And of course it will be many years before the NHS offer anything like that , if they ever do lol !!!

JAY XX

what happens if it malfunctions and just starts tightening by itself shorts circuits?

Thats exactly the sort of questions i had, i did though like the idea of not having a port, as its the ports that mainly fail, apparently all bands seep fluid from the joins, but in functioning bands its such a small amount its hardly noticable, Liz had her first band fail so they do fail.
To be honest i didn't really get that far researching as i opted for a bypass and forgot the band as an option.

Healthier weight also do
Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS) which is an advanced surgical technique in which access to the abdominal cavity is gained through a single entry point, rather than the usual multiple entry points.

Thats exactly the sort of questions i had, i did though like the idea of not having a port, as its the ports that mainly fail, apparently all bands seep fluid from the joins, but in functioning bands its such a small amount its hardly noticable, Liz had her first band fail so they do fail.
To be honest i didn't really get that far researching as i opted for a bypass and forgot the band as an option.

Healthier weight also do
Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS) which is an advanced surgical technique in which access to the abdominal cavity is gained through a single entry point, rather than the usual multiple entry points.

What they don't tell you is that the incision is nearly as long as that made during an open procedure :D:D:D:D:D

telemetric banding is cool technology but give me a manual fill any day ;)

Liz had her first band fail so they do fail.

yup mine failed, but i dont want no remote control sh*te inside me, i want the
manual fills or nowt :D, ive had 2 traditional bands and id do it a 3rd time, i dont want my OH turning telly over and tightning me band:copon:

manual fills or nowt :D, ive had 2 traditional bands and id do it a 3rd time, i dont want my OH turning telly over and tightning me band:copon:

PMSL - can just imagine that lol :D

Would be interesting though especially if the telemetric band came with its own remote control lol, you could adjust the band to suit your own need.

Guess it might appeal to men more as its a gadget, men like gadgets lol

It's good to know that technology is moving forward and i am sure they will iron out all the wrinkles over the years so it works with either no malfunctions or very few

Nice one Liz!!!!

its a pity they can't work on a similar device for mouths and when the OH or kids gets on your nerves you can just press a button and theyed shut up instantly:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i would buy 1 lol :8855:

Back