• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This may be unrelated to wls but....

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Guys
Since my op i have often wondered if i eat to restriction ( only time i recognise it if i take that one spoonful too many and feel a bit ill) That said recently i have noticed a pattern developing in that when i eat till i think i'm full within minutes of finishing, my nose becomes complety stuffed up and then that stuffiness disappears shortly after. Does anyone have similar symptoms or is old age affecting my thought process lol!
Allie x

Um I've not had the same problem and I've not heard of it either. Hope someone comes along soon to help. xx

hi allie, i know what you mean, though i have a tube rather than a pouch (sleeve), but it takes a few mins from swallowing to reach my restiction point, i found this out the hard way!!!!
don't get the nose thing though.

I sure there is a connection somehow. Pre-op I used to sneeze when hungry and hence blood sugars low. I was a great wake-up to make sure I eat something. The body is a really weird machine! xx

PS. You have a long time to wait before you can be considered as old.

Yes, I DO, I HAVE THAT! I thought it was just me! If I eat too much, my nose gets blocked, then runny and I have to blow, blow, blow my nose. Isn't that weird?

I have a friend who is skinny and he has always been like that when he is eating he gets a stuffy/runny nose and has to go blow it.

I did get a blocked nose but I think it was because I drank too soon after eating. At the moment if I eat too much I have to make my self sick to get rid of the food.

Hi there,

it's actually a common sign that you are full, i get it, my dad who is a skinny stick gets it too :D

I will have to concentrate to work out if I get bunged up but I definately get a weird thing where if I eat until full I sometimes get a tingling in my nostrils, its a really weird thing and it even happens if I fill up on liquids, its a weird little tickle and it lets me know that I should stop.
I have noticed that recently my capacity is very low alot of the time, I cant drink alot of liquid before I feel really full and fluids are the only thing that makes me feel that slightly 'stuck' feeling in my chest, food never does, with food I just feel as though I have eaten a big meal but liquids feel weird at times, strange really.
Steph xx

Back