• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Treats!!!! whats yours?

tendersage

Went out for a dinner date with Jonah before work at yo sushi and enjoyed myself a lot, afterwards realised i would need some food for work so we popped into M&S and he picked up a soya bean salad, a small pack od shrinps and told me to select a packet of cookies!

So my treat for today has been 2 cranberry and orange cookies and they are deliscious....

what treats do you all use for that special occassion?

Too many at the moment lol, but will all change when I start my pre op. Glad you enjoyed them :)

i am partial to a jammie dodger or 2 from time to time :D

If i`m being good a pack of pom bear or french fry crisps every night with my soaps or if i`m being bad, 8 mini Oreo cookies(i dump on the 9th !) or a skinny cow ice cream (mint choc rock) 2 glasses of wine or , a JD on the rocks or couple of ryvita and mature cheddar... mmmm infact i might just bust on downstairs to the kitchen for a snackage..

Im missing nice mature cheddar cheese so much.....im not sure why but thats been my craving since starting preop diet and now Im post op its going to be 10 days before i can have some and even then its going to be melted in some sloppy mash.....unless anyone knows of a cheese soup I could have:cry::cry::cry:

wanda i love cheese but its a slider food, i buy the dairy lea light or laughing cow light triangles a nibble of 1 of them takes the edge off the craving for cheese they fab !

ohhh one of the few things i do not like in seafoof Linda, even the baby squid in wine vinagar is too acidic for mty tastes.

I love cheese but am now fed up with the processed variety ie dairylea light and even the smoked applewood... in fact i discovered that i no longer like the taste of that one and the individual portions when eaten split into granular balls...

i feel as if i have really pigged out tonight, had sushi, then later for meal at work had soya bean salad with 100gms very tender prawns and have scoffed 5!!!!!! M&S cranberry and orange cookies

i like cheesecake but have decided it has to go on my banned list after eating way to much of the otherday . im also a cheese lover i stick to low fat soft cheese mostly but when i shop every 2 weeks the woman at the deli cuts me a wafer thin slice of gorgenzola which i have sprinkled on my salad it yummy

Im missing nice mature cheddar cheese so much.....im not sure why but thats been my craving since starting preop diet and now Im post op its going to be 10 days before i can have some and even then its going to be melted in some sloppy mash.....unless anyone knows of a cheese soup I could have:cry::cry::cry:

Hiya Wanda

Just to let you know in my second week post op and now when Im on fluids after a fill I always buy the really stong mature cheese and have a handful on top of my soup. Its lovely on tomoto etc.... It melts in. Like Liz said it is a slider food and u do have to be carefull.

I have most days now 2 crackers with brie on or another high fat cheese that I fancy and Ive only ever stayed the same twice in my whole weightloss journey and that was cause of chocolate!!!! Evil sliding chocolate!!

Good luck hope your feeling ok

Dee x

Mmmm now let me think...

I have decided that no foods are treats... I want to get out of that mindset. It was my downfall before the surgery seeing food as a reward.

Now I just have a little of everything that I can manage. No barriers and no rules. If this slows me down then so be it but I do not want to have rules about food anymore.

Things I like though are the occasional bit of cheese like brie or blue cheese, I love the odd biccie with a cuppa.

chocolate is my problem lol ... anything apart from cheap tasting stuff ..

i love dark chock 70% 80%

but i do love cheese .. we get one made with horseradish and parsley .. very strong we get it from garden center as they have a deli there ... its very yum ..

i always have loads of kinds of cheese in my fridge and sun dried toms and kabbana .. ready for a cheese board lol ..

i'm looking forward to having no special foods ...

Not worked out any treat food yet Trying to stay away from the food that made me fat lol. My problem is eating in gerneral finding it very hard to eat full stop not cause I carnt cause I carnt be arsed to cook for one . Gonna try fish again tonight see if it stays down this time

The one thing I have always loved and that I looked forward to eating was proper Jewish Deli Pickles. I can't find them here, all the ones here are either too sweet or too sour. When I was in the US recently I bought a jar and ate one every day! It was lovely.

Nic:p

Taramasalata and wholemeal pitta bread seems to be my vice at the minute. I can't eat much of it but oh does it taste good and a small pot lasts me a few days. I'm trying to use savory 'treats' since my band as my sweet tooth has always been my downfall in the past.

I used to be a Macdonalds addict so my treat now is a homemade burger on a bun with homemade oven chips - yum yum yum!!!

I also treat myslef to a real Macds too but just have a latte and a dry toasted bagel after a trip to the gym - it feels great to walk in there and not come out with an armful of stodge!

Pickles are just Yummy....when my daughter was a baby we went to New York for a week and I walked for miles to get to Katz's Deli as I adore Pastrami on Rye and had heard theres was the best in New York (if you've seen When Harry Met Sally its "that" deli/diner where she fakes it)
I was disappointed as I make better Pastrami on rye than they did but it was worth it for the Pickles they were lush!

Check out Katz's here - Welcome to Katz's Delicatessen its so worth a visit if your lucky enough to go to New York

Back