• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy tuck, lipo the lot

nic irlam

Hi everyone, and yes i am brand new to this site. I have only just found it and wow I am soooo impressed with all the advice on all of the threads.
Like everyone else on here I struggle with my weight. I had 2 children and I breast fed so everything went south.
I then had a brain wave and I decided to join the police as a police officer. One problem 7stone over weight. So I started to exercise I changed my eating habits. I lost 7 stones. Not bad, just left with the house that 2 children left behind and bust well we don't talk about that.
So anyway I am having a tummy tuck, lipo and I am having stiches on the inside of my torso to pull my muscles together, basically giving me a six pack. Which is what I want because I live in the gym and I would love to see results for all my work.
So I would love advice from people who have had the op and their results. I can't look at the photo's as you know being new and all that (Who's bright idea was that).
I would also like to add, I don't think I know much about losing weight, but if anyone needs help, advice a friend or 2 would be nice, or even a shoulder to cry on, please please contact me.:)

hi nic irlam welcome to the forum!

just wanted to say that you are very brave having a tt, i think i will probably need one when i lose all of my weight but i am so scared of having one! are you having it done private or on the nhs?

Hi there thanx for getting back to me. This op is not for everyone and not everyone who has lost alot of weight will need it, but i really need it, its about confidence to be honest. I am having it done privately costing £11,500. say it quick and yes it is alot of money but it means such alot to me and hopefully it will allow me to live my life to the full and you know what I deserve it....Whatever you decide you go girl and do it for you. Good luck with the eating plan, if I can do it you certainly can. One day at a time.

I am having it 24/01/09.
Thanks for the kind words but it is far from a master piece. Tell me how you finding the plan? Points or not? I found no points was a great excuse to stuff myself so it did not work for me.

hi nikki

not long to go then for your operation! how exciting to have a new body, i think i will find it very strange when i lose all of my weight as i have never seen myself thin before.

The diet is going very well, better than i had expected really. This forum is very good for keeping you on track which i think that is what i have been lacking in the past, something to focus on and remind me of what i am trying to accomplish! I have had a couple of days where my old habit had got the better of me (mainly because i had left over christmas chocolates and i could not control how many i ate but they are thrown in the bin now!). I am doing the points, mainly because like you i did ww without any points and not writing down what i had eaten and that was a big mistake, did not work at all! So yes, i shall be sticking to points. I was thinking about doing the no count ww diet but i worry i will eat too bigger portions, plus i tend to do the cooking at home so everyone will wonder why everything tastes different or why they are not eating certain things!

How did you lose all of your weight if you dont mind me asking?

Alexx

I lost five and a half with slimming world, which was great. then all of a sudden the weight stopped coming off. I think because I was eating huge portions. I then went to ww and lost the rest. It is difficult staying at this weight, I exercise as much as pos which is not easy. At the end of the day all you need to say to yourself before you eat anything at all is "DO I REALLY NEED THIS?" or are you eating it because of habit, boredom, or like me you want it. Try it, we will do this hun, and you can do this!!!!!!

Forgot to say I am 11 stones and 5ft 7in, so alot shorter than you.

Hi there, so not long until the op now, are you feeling nervous, excited, bit of both? Bit of a gasp at the cost but i know i would jump to it if i was in a position to. Im currently going down the TT route with the NHS, after 3 children, weight up and down very quick and now damaged muscles resulting in still looking pregnant, im keeping everything crossed the PCT agree to it. If not then it will be time to think again and save save save as i get pain with the muscles let alone looking terrible. Best of luck with it all and keep us posted on how you get on. Also well done on the weight loss too :) xx

Thanks Kezzak for the kind words. Yes nervous scared all of the above, but really want this. More scared about doing too much after the event to be honest. I don't know about you but I want my body back, the one before kids.

Congratulations and well done Nikki on your fabulous weight loss:happy096:

Wishing you all the best with your surgery!:vibes::vibes::vibes:

Love Mini xx

Hi

Just wanted to say well done with the weightloss and good luck and a good recovery for after your op...... be good to see your before and after pictures afterwards......

Well done too

Thank you soooooooooooo much for your kind words everyone.
I was watching that supper slimmers on tv last night. About people who have lost 20, 30 40+ stone then gone ahead and had the skin removed. I can't believe what we put ourselves through, for this body beautiful and yes we all do it don't we.

poohbearmufc, thankyou for wishing me luck. I will be keeping everyone updated.
Just wondering how you are getting on with your journey?

thanks for the best wishes georgie, I have not got the £11500, I have taken out a loan but I really want it doing I bhave worked so hard to get here, it just needs finishing off, and this is the only way.
Best wishes for your journey you can do it, xx

I restarted 4 days ago and have the determination to stick to it and get to my goal... I have already enquired about tummy tuck and breast uplift to my docs but they are not interested until I lose the weight and stick at goal for 18months, so as soon as I am there I will be back to the docs. have enquired about Prague Beauty too which I think a few people have used, and they would charge £4500 for both ops including flights, accomodation etc...

Covering all bases... Can't wait to see how yours goes though!!

Love

Will keep you updated. In fact I am taking laptop in hospital with me, so I can get posting. Ha ha ha.
And yes alot of people have mentioned to me about going aboad for surgery, it is a great option, but i could not take the time away from the kids, but i would definately look into it. It's half the price for the same work.

Hi Nikki,

I will do it, I have to decide if I am having any more kiddies first, I have George already but it took me 6 years to conceive him and I nearly died having him.. so a difficult decision...x

Love

Back