• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Tuck Pain

Trim T

Obviously I know that having a tummy tuck is going to lead to a painful recovery. I was wondering where most of you felt the pain.

When i had my c-sections, i remember the most painful area being the outermost edges of the scar...... felt like they were going to split!

Is it the same with a tt?? or do the muscles cause discomfort? Just trying to prepare myself before the big day.

I'm sure there are quite a few people who would also be interested to know.

Thank you xxx

i had a fluer de lys tuck and have a vertical incision as well, the muscles hurt quite a while when trying to get up and down, as they will be very weak, the skin sensation has now gone in my tummy and ive been told the numbness will be there perminanty but i dont mind that. you will be fine just remember to always take your pain killers and wear the body stocking as that will give support to the weakened muscles.

good luck

liz xx

Nicky, thank you so much for your well wishes x

Liz thanks for the tips they shall be mentally noted!!

OOOOOOOOOOH I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

I just want it now, I'm like a spoiled child at xmas, who wants to open all their pressies on xmas eve hahahahaha

I'm a few days (Nov 19th)post TT and the pain hasn't been anywhere near as bad as I feared. Felt a lot of twinges mid section from the off but generally not too bad. Sometimes feel the pull across the stitches if I stretch too far but again not as bad as I thought it might be. They gave me a combo of paracetamol and some Morphine based tablets but would only give me 3 days worth because of new NICE guidelines. It's pretty much managed everything and I'm now just taking occasional paracetamol. Please don't worry about the pain, I'm sure your surgeon will help you manage it. Lots and lots of luck with the op. Hils x

Don't worry hun. It is not as bad as you think it will be. I'm 6 days post-op now and IMO it is nowhere near on the same level as a c-section. This is because they don't go through the muscle with a TT.

After the op, I found the worst part to be the after-effects of the amaesthetic and morphine but I've been like that after other ops.

After that had worn off I remember thinking, actually, the pain isn't that bad.

My tummy feels really tight. So tight it feels like it could almost split which has resulted in my posture stooping forward a bit and causing some back ache. Which is apparently quite normal at first.

The drains were uncomfortable too but they're out now (out yesterday) so that's another relief.

If anything, I have only suffered discomfort, not major pain.

They weaved my abs back together so that caused tenderness in my upper abdominal area which is gradually wearing off. The first couple of days it was quite hard to sit up in bed but it gets noticably easier day by day.

Since day one I have only been taking a Diclofenac and Ibuprofen 3 times a day and I am only still taking it because by back is playing up a bit.

Every day I am more and more mobile and I find it much easier to get into comfortable positions to sleep at night than I did the first couple of days.

Hope that helps darlin. If you need to know anything else, fire away. :)
xx

I'm 2 days post op and agree with Poppy - I never even needed painkillers when I was in hospital. My skin feels tight and I'm moving slowly because everything feels a bit strange but in terms of pain I haven't had any of any note - I've just felt not very mobile and that's been loads better since they removed the drains. In fact since they removed the drains I've been able to bend (slowly), stretch (slowly), sit fairly comfortably - amazing when you think it's only 48 hours post op

I honestly think the anticipation is far worse than the actual pain I'm sure you will be fine

Back