• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Twiglets & Cream Cheese

phatgirl

I have found a new snack/meal thanks to someone (can't remember who, sorry) asking about Twiglets.

As a meal:

25g Twiglets
30g Tesco's Extra Light Cream Chesse (I used Garlic & herbs flavour)

Cals: 134, Protein: 6.9g, Sugar: 1.1 (14g of fibre), Fat: 4.8g

It is a small meal but surprisingly filling and packed with protein. Twiglets aren't everyone's fancy (my hubs tasted one and said no thanks!) but they are crunchy and portable. The cream cheese actually taste better when it is room temp so it is handy for a quick meal at the office.

The serving can be halved to make it protein snack:

cals: 67, protein: 3.45g, sugar: .55 (7 fibre carbs), fat: 2.4g

Just thought I would share.

Nichole:D

That sounds nice, i'll be relying on all you post op bypassers for any advice and tips:D:D

Ask away doll and if I don't know the anwer someone surely will, with all these bright people who hang out on here! You will definately get the support you need.:D:D:D

It's a brill site, I mentioned it to a lady who was waiting with me at the hosp today.Mr Brough was impressed with my knowledge of the op, thanks to you lot:D:D:D

Here's my suggestion for a light lunch time snack

The approximate calorie breakdown of the Filet-o-Fish is as follows:

Fish pattie - 124 KCals
Bun - 137 KCals
Tartare sauce - 66 KCals.
Cheese slice - 24 KCals.

All McDonald's nutritional information is available online in 'Food' section of www.mcdonalds.co.uk under the 'Nutrition Counter' section or on the back of the tray liners in the restaurants.

:8855: :bliss:

Very funny. Not everyone has your metabolism dear. A 'snack' that weighs in at a hefty 350 cals, 16g of fat & 6 sugars could cause dumping plus it 1/2 the recomended calories (600-900) for post-ops.

To each their own on how they want to eat. I am sure I will treat myself to some things like this down the road. You are lucky to not have dumping and such so good on you. And your weight loss to date is amazing so it obviously works for you. I however am going to have more of a battle:(.

I just wanted to share something healthy others like me might use to help weight loss.

Hi hun. i have twiglets and a babybel light every night as i`m watching Nigella,Jamie,river cottage etc..(still obsessed with cookery programs !!!!) and it takes that urge away. Love all your ideas, keep em comming xxx

Very funny. Not everyone has your metabolism dear. A 'snack' that weighs in at a hefty 350 cals, 16g of fat & 6 sugars could cause dumping plus it 1/2 the recomended calories (600-900) for post-ops.

To each their own on how they want to eat. I am sure I will treat myself to some things like this down the road. You are lucky to not have dumping and such so good on you. And your weight loss to date is amazing so it obviously works for you. I however am going to have more of a battle:(.

I just wanted to share something healthy others like me might use to help weight loss.

:8855: oh i do love the way you reacted to this !

Seriously dont get the wrong idea, i dont eat like this every day and its only just recently i've been able to manage an entire fish burger, my weight lose has mainly been because i dont really eat much during the day, i've found when i'm on the go i'm just not hungry, so i dont eat, but i do have my evening meal which is pretty balanced, i dont watch my calorific intake and to confirm i spoke to my dietician about this who told me to not worry about it, as i can only eat a given amount and only absorb 50% of that it wont make a great difference. :D

richard do you mind me asking how much weight you have lost now?
Prior to yr bypass did skip meals all day then eat in the evenings? Reason im asking is i was one that could happily go all day without eating but come evenings i could graze the night away.
Since my bypass i have wanted to eat in the morning but once i have my brekki i then have to remind myself to eat again.
How much more do you have to go before yr at yr target?
TIA
carole

Well, I am glad you got a laugh out of it, laughter is good for the soul!! I however am a bit touchy about it because the truth is that at 8 weeks I probably could manage a fish fillet, my dietican was amazed at how much variety & volume I can manage at my early stage. Plus the weight is not falling off right now. And I do get hungry which kinda sucks for me so I have to spread my calories over the day. Just my bad luck (or good, cause I healed so fast???) that makes me jealous of you all who can eat anything they want!!!

Aww, well. I just have to continue to be a saint. Did you see my halo, sparkly isn't it?? hehe;)

richard do you mind me asking how much weight you have lost now?
Prior to yr bypass did skip meals all day then eat in the evenings? Reason im asking is i was one that could happily go all day without eating but come evenings i could graze the night away.
Since my bypass i have wanted to eat in the morning but once i have my brekki i then have to remind myself to eat again.
How much more do you have to go before yr at yr target?
TIA
carole

No worries Carole - I had my bypass on the 16th of August and have lost 7 and a half stone since the op and lost 8lb before doing the pre op and cutting back for the few weeks between deciding and the op date.

I get up really early and i'm in work for 7am, i dont really do breakfast these days as i just dont fancy it, i might have a couple of biscuits mid morning with a cup of tea and maybe mid afternoon if i get pekish, and dinner about 6pm.

Before the op i was absoutely the other way round, i'd get a bacon sandwiche a coffee on the way into work, a big sandwich and bag of crisps for lunch and a decent sized dinner in the evening !

My hunger has progressively come back over the past few months, but i find i can settle it with a digestive biscuit, or if that doesn't work i might have a cup a soup during the day and that normally settles me !

Hope that helps !

Well, I am glad you got a laugh out of it, laughter is good for the soul!! I however am a bit touchy about it because the truth is that at 8 weeks I probably could manage a fish fillet, my dietican was amazed at how much variety & volume I can manage at my early stage. Plus the weight is not falling off right now. And I do get hungry which kinda sucks for me so I have to spread my calories over the day. Just my bad luck (or good, cause I healed so fast???) that makes me jealous of you all who can eat anything they want!!!

Aww, well. I just have to continue to be a saint. Did you see my halo, sparkly isn't it?? hehe;)

Its a known fact that men lose differently to women, for a start you retain water and fat once a month and that will affect the way you lose weight, plus i do quite a lot of exercise with my son which helps, we swim every weekend, and i cycle whenever i can or the weather permits, plus i normally walk 3 miles or so a day which all adds up !
Eventually i know my rapid weight lose will slow down and i'll have to work harder, but i'm now only 4 stone away from my overall goal weight (or rather dream weight) i'm 1000% healthier than i was pre op, sleep better at night and have the energy to do things other than just existing, to be honest if my weight lose stopped right now and i never lost any more weight in my life i'd still be 100% better of than before !

7 and a half stone in 4 months is some going. Do you do a manual/physical job or office job. Am i right in thinking you go to the gym as well? tell me im a nosey sod but just interested.

ta

carole

7 and a half stone in 4 months is some going. Do you do a manual/physical job or office job. Am i right in thinking you go to the gym as well? tell me im a nosey sod but just interested.

ta

carole

No i do an office based role !

No i dont go to a gym - though i need to join one in the new year as i'm developing bat wings and a spare tire ! :D

I do however do a lot of walking and enjoy it now i dont have the back ache anymore, i swim most weekends and mountain bike whenever i can to try and up my exercise level.

Back