• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update - 2 weeks after surgery

shazbo

Just a quick update. Had my wrap on 16th July. Had it done in Czech Republic. My surgeon, the hospital and the experience was all extremely postive, no regrets at all and am already 10lb down. Feel absolutely great, just thinking about going onto mushy now, tried 90g of scrambled egg this morning and feel completely stuffed.

Do different sugeons advise different post op diets?

WitchInWorthing

hi - I'm being a little ignorant here - how did you know it was 90g of egg? did you weigh it cooked or is that a standard medium egg? Just getting my head round the new protein-y way of looking at things rather than just fat and calorie figures. Well done you though - big hugs xxx

emmten

hi - I'm being a little ignorant here - how did you know it was 90g of egg? did you weigh it cooked or is that a standard medium egg? Just getting my head round the new protein-y way of looking at things rather than just fat and calorie figures. Well done you though - big hugs xxx
A lot of people swear by MyFitnessPal (mfp), though I haven't used it myself yet. It has nutritional values for all sorts of foods and is a good way to track your food intakes, exercise, etc. A good feature is that you can track friends in mfp, useful if you are struggling to know what to eat.

My op is scheduled for Sept 3, so gearing myself up!

emmten

I'm dieting at the moment, but not super strict. I have planned my surgery date for after a big family celebration 19th August. As soon as I'm home I am going to do a vlcd until I fly out to Czech Republic. This should deal with my surgeons target of 5kg weight loss and shrink my liver.

Any news on your surgery, or are you still in the thinking about and research stage?

Last edited:

WitchInWorthing

I have been referred, am pre-approved (not sure what that means lol), have seen the dietician and have my first meeting with the psychologist next week. I'm hoping to have surgery in the next 6-9 months..... fingers crossed! I can't decide whether I am hoping to be done before christmas or after. I think before and then all that temptation becomes a moot point - I would hate the be on the milk diet over the yule period! x

emmten

I have been referred, am pre-approved (not sure what that means lol), have seen the dietician and have my first meeting with the psychologist next week. I'm hoping to have surgery in the next 6-9 months..... fingers crossed! I can't decide whether I am hoping to be done before christmas or after. I think before and then all that temptation becomes a moot point - I would hate the be on the milk diet over the yule period! x
Glasgow is so difficult for wls, went for the private option quite quickly. Referral is only through GCWMS, the local weight management service and would be lucky to be offered a band, which I didn't want. Knee pain is making exercise and therefore losing weight difficult, plus I've had a stroke. Decided it was just time to get on with it.

Hope you don't have to wait too long for your date. Any more idea on the type of surgery? I assume it is between a sleeve and a bypass, but I don't know the NHS setup in Sussex, or most places for that matter!

shazbo

What does your surgeon suggest Shazbo?
My surgeon says 2 - 3 week liquid only. 2 weeks mushy then solid. 7 x 100g portions/meals a day. 70 grams protein a day. 800-100 cal a day. Taking me time to get my head around it! I am using My fitness pal and am weighing my food cooked.

emmten

My surgeon says 2 - 3 week liquid only. 2 weeks mushy then solid. 7 x 100g portions/meals a day. 70 grams protein a day. 800-100 cal a day. Taking me time to get my head around it! I am using My fitness pal and am weighing my food cooked.
That sound like exactly the same guidance I have, probably because we have the same surgeon. Your sidebar didn't say. Good luck as you start to move onto real food, I'm sure it will take a little while to get the nutrition right, but we are all on a learning curve :) My surgery a month today!