• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting for WLS and the Cambridge Diet

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
My husband's best friend is getting married in two months time. I am meeting with my GP next week to ask for referral for WLS. I have tried the CD in the past and I cannot achieve long term weight loss but would it hurt my chances to do this in the short term so that I do not look like a beached whale at the wedding? I do not want to hurt my chances for the WLS but also do not want to embarrass my husband and my kids at the wedding.

Hi fashionably late. I am sure you would not embarrass your family. I don't think it would damage your chances of surgery, personally I think it would show that you are trying everything you can to try and loose the weight. Has your gp got a record of all your attempts to loose weight. I have tried various forms of weight loss over the years and although I manage to loose I never manage to keep it of and my gp and the dr at the obeisity clinic say that it is not for want of trying but the only successful way for me to keep it off would be a bypass. My case goes before the primary care trust exceptional cases panel on the 12th June. Hope the dr gives you the referal. Take care.

Go for it and good luck - I tried the Cambridge Diet once - lasted 3 days and then threw it down the loo! If anything it will strengthen your case - shows you are trying but not able to keep it up - does that make sense?

Back