• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Water infections

Su2ie

Seems random but has anyone noticed an increase in getting water infections post op?
I'm on my 3rd this year, it's driving me nuts :(

emmahc1975

I've had 2 this year & I've not had a water infection for years. The 1st one was really bad, could barely stand up.
I'd not associated it with loosing weight though. Not sure if it's just a coincidence?

sophiapink100

Seems random but has anyone noticed an increase in getting water infections post op? I'm on my 3rd this year, it's driving me nuts :(

Funny you say that. I had never ever had one prior to op. Now I have one a month at least, I never quite feel right down there

mouse57

Ladies you need to drink plenty of water to keep the systems flushed, I know we need to watch the sugars but water instead of other drinks to keep all working.

Su2ie

Funny you say that. I had never ever had one prior to op. Now I have one a month at least, I never quite feel right down there

I know what you mean!!

Mouse you are absolutely right, drinking water is so important!

I was doing a bit of research and apparently risk of getting kidney stones is slightly higher after bariatric surgery, think it might be something to do with the calcium supplements. I've had kidney stones before and know it's not that but I've also had a build up of 'crystals' which was very similar.

Got my 6 month check in a few weeks and will have my bloods done for the first time so will definitely ask about this...

mouse57

This might seem a random comment but watch eating oranges because they can cause crystals forming around joints, now i know this as fact but I don't know if they have the same effect regarding the kidneys or if other Citrus fruits do the same thing. Could be worth looking at.

Alexandra Nevermind

This is an old post, but for anyone who might come by more recently:
I have had two urinary infections since my sleeve. Doc says it is ABSOLUTELY caused by dehydration.
Drink. Water.