• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight gain in lockdown!!

Paulinesc

Hi had gastric sleeve done in may 2018 dr pring in Guildford all really good went from 15.5 stone to 10.2 in a year everything great. I work and I’m on my feet so easily do 3000 steps a day, then lockdown came!!! I’m shielding because of immune prob(not related to op) so I’ve been eating more and rubbish food and no excercise I’m now 11.11 which is sooo upsetting, found yr website today so hoping for inspiration and support

Bling Babe

Hi had gastric sleeve done in may 2018 dr pring in Guildford all really good went from 15.5 stone to 10.2 in a year everything great. I work and I’m on my feet so easily do 3000 steps a day, then lockdown came!!! I’m shielding because of immune prob(not related to op) so I’ve been eating more and rubbish food and no excercise I’m now 11.11 which is sooo upsetting, found yr website today so hoping for inspiration and support
Hiya, I wish I had an easy answer, I’ve gained weight too, simple really, we need to get back in the right mindset and kick our butts, we only have ourselves to blame, I’ve been off work since the beginning of November I go back next week so I’m hoping that getting into a work routine will help me....let’s do it together x

Lalapo

I had the sleeve in Nov 2019 and I lost 6 stones. I have now put on 7lbs Because over last few months I can’t stop grazing. Think it is boredom. Nothing to do but sit and visit the fridge.
I feel your pain, you are not alone. We can do this. Let’s refocus and get back on track. I still have 54lbs to lose. So it is a must. You did amazing getting to target. I only dream of being 10.02 one day ☺️

Cheshire Cat

I’ve also put weight on ☹️☹️ I’m waiting for a date for surgery but nobody can give me a clue of when that might be thanks to Covid ☹️☹️ I somehow need to get motivated as I’m worried that they might make me go back to the tier 3 stage to lose what I’ve put on! I have, however, ordered myself a new bike this morning .... I just need the nasty weather to do one and then I’m off out getting exercise .... thats got to be good mentally and physically 😊

Bling Babe

I’ve also put weight on ☹☹ I’m waiting for a date for surgery but nobody can give me a clue of when that might be thanks to Covid ☹☹ I somehow need to get motivated as I’m worried that they might make me go back to the tier 3 stage to lose what I’ve put on! I have, however, ordered myself a new bike this morning .... I just need the nasty weather to do one and then I’m off out getting exercise .... thats got to be good mentally and physically 😊
That’ll do you the world of good, I love riding to work but like you I’m very much a fair weather cyclist, I feel the cold far too much without my “insulation“ you’ll be fine, I hope you don’t have to wait too long but remember however long it is it will be so worth it x

Cheshire Cat

That’ll do you the world of good, I love riding to work but like you I’m very much a fair weather cyclist, I feel the cold far too much without my “insulation“ you’ll be fine, I hope you don’t have to wait too long but remember however long it is it will be so worth it x
I know it will be worth it when it eventually happens ..... but getting well fed up with the waiting game!

Lalapo

I’ve also put weight on ☹☹ I’m waiting for a date for surgery but nobody can give me a clue of when that might be thanks to Covid ☹☹ I somehow need to get motivated as I’m worried that they might make me go back to the tier 3 stage to lose what I’ve put on! I have, however, ordered myself a new bike this morning .... I just need the nasty weather to do one and then I’m off out getting exercise .... thats got to be good mentally and physically 😊
I am sure that the hospital will understand that at this terrible time many of us are putting on weight. Not able to exercise and only at home. But yes get out riding and track your calories. Even if you are overeating because seeing the numbers will help motivate you. It does me. I lost 2 lbs last week so 😀 and I walked 5 miles yesterday 😱 unheard of for me but it all shows we are getting healthier every day x